Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron Series Z?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:58 am    Post subject: Kiron Series Z? Reply with quote

Hey folks,

New here and new to film photography and manual lenses. I have recently become a bit obsessed with Kiron lenses and I'm a bit confused. I see some Kiron Series Z lenses on eBay and Etsy but can not find a single web page referencing what the Series Z lenses were about?

Does anyone have any information on these series of lenses from Kiron? Was there something special about them or just a branding thing?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I have not seen or at least noticed Series Z before.

But searching a bit there are only two I can find.

28-210mm f4 and 28-70mm F3.5-4.5.

It is just a guess but maybe it's something they went with late in the game. Don't know what it means unfortunately. Zoom maybe Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like regular Kirons to me. Maybe some reference to Series 1 by Vivitar. The eighties was a hard time for lens makers, so they were prone to try anything to sell their stock. Maybe someone in the Kiron Club will know. https://groups.io/g/KironKlub I'll ask them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have an answer from the worlds foremost Kiron expert:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks everyone for the responses here and the information.

Appreciate your time folks, good to know Series Z is not something I need to be hunting for.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Isn’t that Russ who names himself KironKids? Smile

I used to be on his Kiron yahoo group many many years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

Isn’t that Russ who names himself KironKids? Smile

I used to be on his Kiron yahoo group many many years ago.

I think Kiron Kid is another guy who names himself Quietlightphoto in the Kiron club (and used to on Flickr but is now called "Spirit Vision Photography")

I think there is just 5 people or so still posting in the club, so it's a pretty exclusive place :p.