Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TechArt Pro LM-EA7 on Sony a7R II Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: TechArt Pro LM-EA7 on Sony a7R II Question Reply with quote

How to use magnification to manually focus?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the peak-focus function on SONY cameras is a better way than magnification, you can easily judge the focus on time if set the peak-focus color to red: it's even faster than auto focus on LM-EA7.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkjason wrote:
For me the peak-focus function on SONY cameras is a better way than magnification, you can easily judge the focus on time if set the peak-focus color to red: it's even faster than auto focus on LM-EA7.

Thank you! for the tip!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: TechArt Pro LM-EA7 on Sony a7R II Question Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

You need to set a button to force the adapter to manual focus. Then you can use magnification. I use peaking + magnification to get the most precise focus.

Search: How should I configure my A7 II / A7R II to switch from autofocus to manual focus and back?
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1452716/0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: TechArt Pro LM-EA7 on Sony a7R II Question Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

You need to set a button to force the adapter to manual focus. Then you can use magnification. I use peaking + magnification to get the most precise focus.

Search: How should I configure my A7 II / A7R II to switch from autofocus to manual focus and back?
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1452716/0

Thank you!
Quote:
Choose Menu > Custom Settings (Gear Icon) > 7 > Custom Key Settings and assign AF/MF Ctrl Toggle to a button.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkjason wrote:

Peak-focus works faster than using magnifcation, but personally I do find I get better accuracy with magnified view. With peak-focus the depth of the indicated area of focus is just a bit too much for my taste/use, and I find it hard to judge where the central depth of that area is based on the highlighted features.

It is a personal preference, but rocking focus back and forth in magnified view gives me a much better idea of the exact spot where focus is set.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
monkjason wrote:

Peak-focus works faster than using magnifcation, but personally I do find I get better accuracy with magnified view. With peak-focus the depth of the indicated area of focus is just a bit too much for my taste/use, and I find it hard to judge where the central depth of that area is based on the highlighted features.

It is a personal preference, but rocking focus back and forth in magnified view gives me a much better idea of the exact spot where focus is set.

I'm using both techniques; typically in different situations; sometimes in same situation. Both capabilities are useful for me.