Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More vintage stuff getting even more expensive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
I made a list for the most wanted FD lenses:

New FD 14mm f/2.8L
FD 24mm f/1.4 S.S.C. Aspherical
New FD 24mm f/1.4L
55mm f/1.2 S.S.C. AL
55mm f/1.2 S.S.C. Aspherical
85mm f/1.2 S.S.C. Aspherical

Also in the next tier, the 17mm f/4 S.S.C., 135mm f/2 & 100mm f/2 all Sell fast and often go for over-heated prices. Worst is the 17mm as the identical FDn version is less than half the price…

On the other hand, the 20-35L & 80-200L seem to have lost some value over the last few years. As have some of the more run of the mill Contax fit Zeiss lenses.

Yes. The 17mm f/4 S.S.C. and 100mm F/2 are much more expensive now than few years ago too. I think ppl want these to pair with the other more expensive lenses in the above list.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
the 17mm f/4 S.S.C., 135mm f/2 & 100mm f/2 all Sell fast and often go for over-heated prices. Worst is the 17mm as the identical FDn version is less than half the price…
[/quote]
yes, which is ironic, since especially the 17mm is a dreadful lens.

[quote]
On the other hand, the 20-35L & 80-200L seem to have lost some value over the last few years. [/quote]
I can confirm that as well.
Even more movement, I just realised, has been in the 5o/1.2 nFD L, which, by the way, is exactly as sharp and pleasing as the 55/1.2 asph. The L went for ~12oo a year ago, now it's half that, in pristine state. Go figure. I might buy mine back Wink

[quote]
I’ve never encountered anyone who has been to a camera fair. Nor have I even considered doing so myself.
[/quote]
Same, actually. Having seen the price imaginations of "pro" and wannabe-pro sellers on ebay, I imagined fairs to be overpriced nerd fests for collectors and dilletants.

[quote]
Last time I dropped a few films off in east London there was a queue of 5 ahead of me - something I’ve not seen for a long time!
[/quote]
Lucky you. Last time I tried to have some films developped, I was laughed out of the store: "No. We have [i]phones [/i]now!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another auction: https://www.catawiki.com/nl/l/60826521-canon-fd-55mm-1-1-2-s-s-c-aspherical

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another old Canon lens that has become super pricey in the last few years is the Canon FL 19mm f/3.5, whether the mirror lock-up model with finder or the "regular" version that doesn't require mirror lock-up.

I owned one back in my film days and I regret having ever sold it. Really a remarkable lens.