Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hold down ring for oly 90 f2 auto macro "preview "
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:50 pm    Post subject: Hold down ring for oly 90 f2 auto macro "preview " Reply with quote

So my favorite macro lens is the Olympus OM 90mm f2 Auto-macro. I had been using it manual focus but thought I would try the techart AF system with it. That presented a small problem. Typically in manual focus I would hold down the preview button on the lens to close the aperture which worked....but wasn’t optimal. I tried using a rubber band to hold it down but that was fussy. In AF it became too much. I needed a way to positively hold the button down but not damage the lens in any way. Something I could use and take off if I wanted to use the lens on my OM 4 body. It also could not interfere with the release button that was opposite the preview button or the aperturering turning freely as well. So I decided to solder together a copper ring with a little open box to fit down over the button. Very tight quarters! The lens releas button is maybe a mm from the edge. It's ugly but it works just as intended.