Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir-47K 20mm/2.5 on Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Mir-47K 20mm/2.5 on Sony A7 Reply with quote

Here are some photos I did this evening with this lens adapted on my Sony A7.
No adjustments exepted contrast and color pop.
Landscape photos @f8, flowers wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mir-47K 20mm/2.5 on Sony A7 Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Here are some photos I did this evening with this lens adapted on my Sony A7.
No adjustments exepted contrast and color pop.
Landscape photos @f8, flowers wide open.

Great shots - it's perhaps not everyone's taste, but I particularly love the rendering in these two. You really have such a vast amount of interesting lenses (going by your website) - a joy to see them in action!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see some proper testing of these later 'Russian' ultrawides, particularly at that speed (I wasn't aware of).

I can't tell if it's high field curvature or high vignetting, which causes the edges to be sharp in some bokeh shots.

There is some lateral CA across parts of the frame but even my Tokina AT-X 17mm f3.5 has this (if not more).

I agree the bokeh appearance is quite nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looks like a 'normal' Mir 47K, at least, mine looks very similar! Can't say I fell in love, way too soft in the corners (even for an ultrawide, IMO) but the f/2.5 is fun to play with.

What is the model number on yours?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SovietLensReviews wrote:
Definitely looks like a 'normal' Mir 47K, at least, mine looks very similar! Can't say I fell in love, way too soft in the corners (even for an ultrawide, IMO) but the f/2.5 is fun to play with.

Serial is 000077, made in 2000. What is your chanel? Your signature does not work.
EDIT : Ah, it works now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
SovietLensReviews wrote:

Serial is 000077, made in 2000. What is your chanel? Your signature does not work.

Nice, my copy was a '96 but it is probably the most shoddily constructed lens I own (could of course just have been the copy I bought, who knows). I need to take mine apart and give it a clean, think it's getting some haze or something inside.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SovietLensReviews wrote:
BurstMox wrote:
SovietLensReviews wrote:

Nice, my copy was a '96 but it is probably the most shoddily constructed lens I own (could of course just have been the copy I bought, who knows). I need to take mine apart and give it a clean, think it's getting some haze or something inside.

Mine is has a good construction, better than the Arsat 20/2.8. But the best construction is the Mir-20M.