Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 1,8/40mm on Olympus EM-1ii: Lightning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 1,8/40mm on Olympus EM-1ii: Lightning Reply with quote

Yesterday night we had a dry thunderstorm. No thunder, no storm. No rain either, unfortunately for the nature here. Just lightning. At least this provided clear visibility.

The Olympus EM-1 Mk2 was set to "Live Composite", IBIS off and ISO 400. The lens, a 40mm/1.8 Konica Hexanon was set to f5.6. Exposure time approximately 90 second each. Tripod, taken through the window of one of the upper floor rooms. To my chagrin - there´s no possible position in this house where the damn telephone cable wouldn´t get in the way. It´s seen on the last image, where I didn´t retouch it out. Otherwise the pics are untreated jpegs straight out of the camera.

Live Composite - I like this feature on the Oly cameras. I need to play around with it much more to figure out other motives than stars and lightning.

As always, I hope my humble works are well received and constructive feedback is very welcome.

Btw if we would have a technique section already, this would fit better in there. The Hexanon is certainly a great little lens, but it didn´t play the main role here. At least not obviously. Though it stands up to its reputation to be a very sharp lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Those wind generators look a bit creepy to be honest with those red "eyes"; like a bunch of giant alien mosquitos about to attack! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Laugh 1

It´s a disturbance when sitting on the terrace in the evening and all is dark except those constantly blinking position lights. The wind conditions in our area are just excellent for those plants, but I think the area slowly reaches a state of windmill saturation.
Better than having a coal power plant nearby Wink