Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rekord-1 37mm/f1 on Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Rekord-1 37mm/f1 on Sony A7 Reply with quote

I made some photos during a walk today with this soviet Rekord-1 37mm/f1 on Sony A7 (APS-C mode).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find any info on this lens. Can you post a picture of the lens for reference?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always have been impressed by this lens Pierre!!
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful images - well done! I imagine this to be a lot of fun to shoot with.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Yes, I like this lens!

Quote:
I can't seem to find any info on this lens.

It's almost an unique lens, only 2 are known to exist yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:

Shocked

Could you please post an image of this lens here?

I really like the sample pictures you presented above. The characteristics of this lens are one thing, the other is your ability to use it well. Thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
BurstMox wrote:

Shocked

Could you please post an image of this lens here?

I really like the sample pictures you presented above. The characteristics of this lens are one thing, the other is your ability to use it well. Thank you for sharing.

The silver part is an adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the image of the lens!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This smooth OOF rendering is very pleasing, especially compared to many other soviet cine lenses you presented in the forum. It feels like a gentle Helios of the cine world.

It's a pity the Soviets did not put this lens into mass production. Do you have an explanation why this did not happen, and they produced instead those with harsher rendering? Was the cost of this one too high for some reason?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
This smooth OOF rendering is very pleasing, especially compared to many other soviet cine lenses you presented in the forum. It feels like a gentle Helios of the cine world.

It's a pity the Soviets did not put this lens into mass production. Do you have an explanation why this did not happen, and they produced instead those with harsher rendering? Was the cost of this one too high for some reason?

Most of time GOI conceived optical design on demand. So usualy a minister or studio asked a lens for a specifical purpose with specific criteras. GOI created it, made few samples and they were tested. If the lens reach all the criteras, it went to production (mass or low), if not, then nothing. As far as I saw, many lenses have fallen in the second category. Rendering or esthetic of the image was rarely on the criteras I guess, as GOI made a lot of technical lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Thank you for the story told.