Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pike Place Market
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Pike Place Market Reply with quote

The wife and I just got back from a trip to the Pacific North West. We stayed in Seattle for a few nights and had the opportunity to go play at Pike Place Market at night. It was a surreal experience to be there all alone that we will not soon forget. We didn't stay too long, but I did manage to get some photos. All shots taken with my Sony A7ii using a Leitz Elmarit R 35mm.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice frames.
Must be quite a lens!
My night photography needs a lot of practice.
Strange electrical codes there.
The power lead for the Rotary Grocery sign would result in a work order here.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Doc Sharptail
Strange electrical codes there.
The power lead for the Rotary Grocery sign would result in a work order here.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that isn't up to code there. I know it isn't here in Houston. Has to be inside metal conduit pipe.

What I'm struck by is how empty that place is. I've seen lots of photos of Pikes Place Market, and I think this is the only set of photos I've ever seen where it's empty. What, is this covid related?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can get away with a lot here- for lighting, surface mounted B/X is usually a pass.
That unsupported line through the air is an absolute fail here.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

I'm pretty sure that isn't up to code there. I know it isn't here in Houston. Has to be inside metal conduit pipe.

What I'm struck by is how empty that place is. I've seen lots of photos of Pikes Place Market, and I think this is the only set of photos I've ever seen where it's empty. What, is this covid related?

Not sure about the conduit, probably not up to current code but remember this place originally opened up in 1907.

As for the empty market, my loving wife booked us a fantastic room that was literally on top of the market. From our window the first night we saw that the market shut down pretty early (4pm), and then they started cleaning out. What I didn't realize is that the entire market is a wet market (see famous fish throwing), so they clear out every single night and wash it down. All vendors must move everything they bring out every day. So, on the last night of our stay we went down there to snag some pics. It was awesome and surreal to have such an iconic place all to yourself! Otherwise the place looks like this: