Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rare / unknown Vivitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject: Rare / unknown Vivitar Reply with quote

I saw a Vivitar 135 / 2.8 with PK mount today that I've never seen before. It had a 88******* serial number and was made in Korea. It looks just like every other other 135 / 2.8 Vivitar I've seen or got - from memory at the time, close comparison might show differences.
I couldn't get a picture of it unfortunately, and it might be for sale. Not that I 'need' another one. But it does appear to be an oddity, I have never seen any reference to an 88***** serial number, or a Korean Vivitar. Early Samyang? Is it a rarity? Question

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it this one?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/sears-135mm-f2-8-auto-multicoated.html

It's been discussed before with no solid conclusion:

http://forum.mflenses.com/maker-of-sears-135mm-f-2-8-t80724.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right Ian, certainly the first link - Pentax Forums - that lens has an 8******* serial number and I think it's the same lens.

The Korean Chinon on the MF link is also a strong contender.

The mystery is why there is no mention of the 8***** Serial number / Samyang / Korea in any list of Vivitar serial numbers? I thought they were fairly comprehensive?

I might go and have another go at buying it. Just out of curiosity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you and your curiosity.... Smile

Last 135 I bought was a second copy of the RE Auto Topcor f3.5, already had a silver one, then saw this supersexy and rare black one dirt cheap....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one I guess:

image from ebay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one Like 1 small and very different to all the others Vivitar 135 / 2.8's I've got or had. The main difference is the 55mm filter thread on every one I've seen and a 52mm on the Korean one.

That's satisfied my curiosity.

I've just seen the Korean lens as Revuenon and Sears MC on ebay. I bet there are others as well, not a rare lens at all.