Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Opening a Fujinon T 400mm f4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Opening a Fujinon T 400mm f4.5 Reply with quote

This lens is supposed to have a drop in filter at all time. Mine doesn't. I was expecting something easy to access, like on my Tamrons.

Question 1:
How do you open the rear of the lens to gain access?

Question 2:
What kind of filter is it supposed to be, is it a plain clear glass? thickness?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, the optical design doesn't show a filter present (X-Mount):

However

In this photo of the instructions from an eBay listing, you can clearly see the rear can come off (X-Mount):

I am guessing if there is ever a place for the filter, it will be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggplant wrote:

In this photo of the instructions from an eBay listing, you can clearly see the rear can come off (X-Mount):

I am guessing if there is ever a place for the filter, it will be there.

Thanks for finding that. I do know the rear is removeable but I just don't know how. It might be stuck in place. Wish I could read the instructions, something about rotating some part and aligning it in some way then you can pull it out.

Wondering if it is the dot I circled in orange and I'm supposed to turn the part which I marked with the blue arrow. But it is not moving one way or the other...
[img][/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it's stuck. I often solved it this way: take a roll of paper tape, and wrap it around the ring you marked with the blue arrow; put a lot of it on, until it creates a significantly greater thickness than the original one. At this point it usually unscrews effortlessly.