Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji P-Fujinon projection lenses - any info?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject: Fuji P-Fujinon projection lenses - any info? Reply with quote

While looking up some cine-projection lenses, I recently stumbled upon an interesting one I had never seen before (or even heard of), a

Fuji Photo Film Co., LTD. P-FUJINON f/1.7 2 1/2 inch

At first I thought it probably just shows how much I don't know about cine-lenses, but upon looking up the lens series, I found pretty much nothing at all. No image of a second lens, no info about the lens family, construction, other focal lengths.

Perhaps there are some specs on japanese sites, but I honestly have a hard time finding anything. The seller described it as a high-level 35 mm cine projection lens and confirmed that he had seen several, but couldn't remember focal lengths but that's about it. Given the old Fuji logo on the lens it likely was produced around 1960 (or even earlier), I don't know if the "Fuji Photo Film Co., LTD" might give an indication about that as well.

I'm sure it's not up to the more modern high end cine projection lenses (by Schneider, Isco etc.) but from my limited use I would say, it's quite a good lens, given the ambitious specs. It is a bit hard to mount with its rocked-like shapes and angles, but I'm sure there's solution for that.

Here are some shots:

In part wholesome by simple.joy, on Flickr

(cross-eye stereo image)
Double your bokeh power by simple.joy, on Flickr

So (as usual) my questions to all of you - vastly more experienced people - here are the following:

Have you ever heard of this series of projection lenses? If so, do you know which other focal lengths they existed in? Do you know of any other Fuji cine projection lens series - perhaps a more modern one? Or did Fuji stay out of that game completely, even though they seem to have made an early attempt at it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about these projection lenses, but interestingly, they do generate that "Fuji Look," even though they presumably were never intended as taking lenses.