Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Tele.Rokkor 100mm f3.5 for Leica Thread Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Minolta Tele.Rokkor 100mm f3.5 for Leica Thread Mount Reply with quote

I mostly collect Minolta's SR series equipment, but recently expanded into some of the older rangefinder cameras. I managed to get this 100mm f3.5 but all I know about it is that it was introduced with the Minolta-35IIb and not many were made. If anyone has any more information, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be an old one with a short production run indeed; the "Minolta" engraving pre-dates the trademark font which was introduced with the SR-2 later the same year (1958 according to rokkorfiles) (trademark "minolta" font on the SR-2 camera, "MINOLTA" in capitals on the SR lenses)

It would be interesting to know if the optical calculation is the same as the AUTO TELE-ROKKOR QE 100mm/3.5 that was introduced with the SR-2; I would hazard a guess that it is, in which case it is a pretty good lens for the era and still very usable today.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta Tele.Rokkor 100mm f3.5 for Leica Thread Mount Reply with quote

bmsmith67 wrote:
I mostly collect Minolta's SR series equipment, but recently expanded into some of the older rangefinder cameras. I managed to get this 100mm f3.5 but all I know about it is that it was introduced with the Minolta-35IIb and not many were made. If anyone has any more information, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brad

Welcome bmsmith67