Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodenstock-Rotelar f4/75mm unknown mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Rodenstock-Rotelar f4/75mm unknown mount Reply with quote

I just saw this lens but i cannot bid it!!!

Anyone know what camera of this lens for?
Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by calvin83 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No aperture control in the lens. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
No aperture control in the lens. Shocked

The seller states it has an aperture control. It seems that it is very rare but i can't find any information about it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one knows about this lens??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
its for Braun Paxette Electramatic 1A,theres also Rodenstock Trinar L 40mm 2.8 len, i have both,no aperture on len ,only on bodie,Bill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmwtraveler wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
its for Braun Paxette Electramatic 1A,theres also Rodenstock Trinar L 40mm 2.8 len, i have both,no aperture on len ,only on bodie,Bill

Thanks you, Bill.

Welcome to this forum. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Bill!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one of these for not much money. I have made an m42 adapter with a plastic lens cap.

Since the aperture control is designed for actuation from the camera I don't have aperture control figured out yet. I hope to take some shots this pM.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also as near as I can tell the rotelar 75mm f4 was only made for the Braun Paxette IA Electromatic. The standard lens for that is also likely unique to that camera, the Rodenstock Trinar 40mm 2.8.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Also as near as I can tell the rotelar 75mm f4 was only made for the Braun Paxette IA Electromatic. The standard lens for that is also likely unique to that camera, the Rodenstock Trinar 40mm 2.8.

Congrats

Great work for making the adapter!

Your 75mm should be the first batch which made in 1960-1961.

http://forum.mflenses.com/rodenstock-interchangeable-lenses-for-35mm-cameras-serials-t75903.html

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few shots. Some wide open and some with around f8 using BluTak to hold the pin in place.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Here's a few shots. Some wide open and some with around f8 using BluTak to hold the pin in place.

Like 1 small

I expect the performance will be comparable to the 85/4.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rotelar 85 f4 is the reason I found this (it set me back 25 ...including shipping) I have a ebay save search for new listing for rotelar. This popped up. I was the only one that bid. Coincidentally I did recently acquire a good copy of the 85 f4 in DKL mount which I have yet to try. Might be an interesting comparison.