Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which ccd scanner is cheap and good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Which ccd scanner is cheap and good? Reply with quote

Hi,
do have an epson v33. Not bad but it does not always scan.
Replaced the usb adapter card for my motherboard since this scanner requires an true usb2 controller. Worka better now but not always.
Now im thinking about buying another scanner or the v33 again.

My current list , that im thinking about purchasing one of these used:

Epson v33
Epson v37
Epson v330
Epson v350
Epson v370

Canoscan 8400F
Canoscan 8800F
Any other idea or a tip which one to choose?

kind regards bluedxca93

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have medium format gear and aspirations to shoot large format someday, so I found a used Epson 4990 and bought it. It works very well for medium format, and is not too shabby with 35mm. Plus, I have friends who do shoot large format, and they're the ones who recommended the 4990 to me.

The 4990 was the top-of-the-line model, superseded by the V7xx series. I don't know what the current top-of-the-line model is now, but it is spendy if it's like the V7xx series. I've heard the V600 does a good job, and it's much more reasonably priced. I'm not positive, but I think the V600 will handle medium format negatives and slides also.

Oh, and all of the above scanners are USB driven. My 4990 also has a firewire port.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need only one that can scan small develloped Photographs but its still difficult to find something that works well. 4990 ok need to look at that.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're gonna look for a 4990 on the used market -- or any scanner, far as that goes -- make sure that ALL the film carriers are included. And power supply, if needed.

While you may need it only to scan developed photos, if you ever sell it, you'll want to have a complete scanner to sell. And, who knows, there may be a date in the future when you'll wish to use its scanning capability.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
If you're gonna look for a 4990 on the used market -- or any scanner, far as that goes -- make sure that ALL the film carriers are included. And power supply, if needed.

While you may need it only to scan developed photos, if you ever sell it, you'll want to have a complete scanner to sell. And, who knows, there may be a date in the future when you'll wish to use its scanning capability.

Like 1 Like 1 Also, some scanners REQUIRE the oem film carrier to switch to scanning just the film area instead of the whole scanner bed...

Happy with V500 for many years now...iirc, I paid only $150 brand new...current ebay prices seem a little high. (:

Check the Epson Refurbished site for a deal...