Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Full box-O-fun, Takumars on Nikon...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Full box-O-fun, Takumars on Nikon... Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago, after the purchase of the Jupiter 37A and a Mirotar 50-2, I really got a bad case of M-42 lens fever...

Bought a box full of Takumars, one even looking worse than the other. The vendor had no confidence, so I got 'em for almost nothing.
After cleaning and fixing them, even de-fungusing one of them, I have not toched an AF-S lens since!
Thanks for the tips on this forum by the way (!!!).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one on the left has nice serial number Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi no-x,
Nice eh? many zero's... Very Happy
Or do you mean something special I am not (yet) aware of? (i am a novice on Taks...)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but it can be first lens of a serie... but here is a lot of othere members, whose asahi knowledges are much better, maybe someone will help Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: which adapter Reply with quote

Hi Seymore,
That IS the million dollar question Very Happy ...
I have a glassles adapter(T2), it gives me excellent optic performance, but not infinity.
Also a HAMA adapter with glass, only with the sun in my back I get good results, otherwise a big flare issue Evil or Very Mad arises when stopping down, see example here:

it's NOT the lens, all my M42's have this problem, and without the HAMA adapter, all is well. (held against the body-bayonet by hand, i almost get infinity too)
And THAT last point made me adjust the infinity setting on the Tak 105, to focus beyond infinity by moving the front optic group just a tiddy bit more inward (about 1mm extra) Stopped down, and with a VERY flat adapter I think I JUST can reach infinity without glass!!! Exclamation Exclamation (which is the ultimate dream for nikonistas now isn't it?)
So now I'm in the lookout for:
1: a good glass-adapter
2: adapter with very flat flange (or ill just have to flatten it myself (scraping as much as possible off...)
Phew, it keeps me off the street.....

This is what I get with the HAMA adapter in a good situation by the way (I think that is a good result?):

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I have the same (Hama) M42 to N-Ai adapter and so far I haven't experienced such a problem. I must admit though that I only use this with rather long focal lengths, maybe this explains the difference...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close to infinity can you get? Good enough to cover most eventualities with hyperfocal focusing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: the flare with adapter is interesting... Reply with quote

i try to understand what is happening these internal reflections; could be lens in adapter multiplies refractions from tiny aperture?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: the flare with adapter is interesting... Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
i try to understand what is happening these internal reflections; could be lens in adapter multiplies refractions from tiny aperture?

Really nice collection. That 105 and the 135mm are sisters to my 200f/5.6. I'm trying to collect those right now. Did the 50 1.4's have any yellowing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great finds ! Hi there ! I am fellow Nikon D70 user with M42 adapter with correcting lens. I once got the adapter without the correcting lens and I unable to do focus infinity. Now I am having headache with M39 RF lens which I trying hard to make it forcus Sad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Full box-O-fun, Takumars on Nikon... Reply with quote

pwsonline wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, after the purchase of the Jupiter 37A and a Mirotar 50-2, I really got a bad case of M-42 lens fever...

Bought a box full of Takumars, one even looking worse than the other. The vendor had no confidence, so I got 'em for almost nothing.
After cleaning and fixing them, even de-fungusing one of them, I have not toched an AF-S lens since!
Thanks for the tips on this forum by the way (!!!).

no-X wrote:
The one on the left has nice serial number Cool

Collectable? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to adapt an M42 lens to Nikon? Reply with quote

If so, I am assuming all you have is stop down metering

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how these threads stay dormant for over a decade then spring back to life.

I wonder if the OP still uses these lenses.