Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Custom Minolta SR (MD) mount adaptations
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Custom Minolta SR (MD) mount adaptations Reply with quote

FYI, starting off with 3rd party lenses (or adapters) that have a Nikon F mount, it is often relatively easy to convert to a native Minolta SR/MD mount if required (i.e. for mounting on a Minolta SR/MD camera)

The Minolta reverse lens adapter II (49mm & 55mm) just needs a few holes drilled and some minor shimming or shaving to turn a Nikon F Mount accessory into a Minolta SR/MD mount accessory. This is possible due to the Minolta SR mount register (43.6mm) being so much shorter than the Nikon F mount register (46.5mm).

Some examples:

Samyang 24mm tilt/shift lens in Nikon F mount converted to Minolta SR (normally not available to buy in Minolta SR/MD mount):

Fotodiox Pro ROKR Bronica SQ to Nikon F tilt/shift adapter converted to Minolta SR:
(original Nikon F mount supplied with the adapter shown alongside)

Fotodiox Pro ROKR shown with Bronica PS150 on SONY A7s with Novoflex SR/MD-NEX adapter:

The same with tilt & shift applied:

And also shown mounted directly on a Minolta XD7:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Minolta SR (MD) mount adaptations Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
FYI, starting off with 3rd party lenses (or adapters) that have a Nikon F mount, it is often relatively easy to convert to a native Minolta SR/MD mount if required (i.e. for mounting on a Minolta SR/MD camera) . . .

Nicely done! I admire your resourcefulness. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Minolta SR (MD) mount adaptations Reply with quote

55 wrote:

Nicely done! I admire your resourcefulness. Like 1 small

Thanks, but born out of necessity; the Minolta SR mount is increasingly often overlooked for all but the most basic new accessories.

Older 3rd party SR mount accessories can be (too) rare sometimes, e.g. the Schneider-Kreuznach SR(MD) mount for their PC Super-Angulon lenses.

Unfortunately (no wait, scrap that); FORTUNATELY I am heavily invested in the SR mount, so I have to create my own solutions Wink