Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujica ST-701 Infinity Focus Problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject: Fujica ST-701 Infinity Focus Problem Reply with quote

I picked up an ST-701 from a thrift thing and for some reason, none of my M42 lenses will focus to infinity on it. I don't have any contemporary Fujinon lenses, but my Chinon 55mm f/1.7, Pancolar 50mm f/1.8, and Pentax 55mm f/1.8 do not reach infinity. In fact, they do not seem to screw in all the way in, thus the lens arrow lines up short of the 12 o'clock position on the body. Is there anything weird about the ST-701 that would cause this? The mount looks fine and all. All I can think of is that the internal mount threads may be stripped, but that would be weird. Does the ST-701 require its original lenses or something? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses not screwing all the way in is indeed the problem. Maybe something is in the way, blocking full mounting, given the mount threads look okay.

M42 Super-Multi-Coated 1:2.5 / 135 screws all the way into my ST-705. Looks like infinity is reached through the viewfinder.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fujica ST-701 Infinity Focus Problem Reply with quote

nimoythecat wrote:
I picked up an ST-701 from a thrift thing and for some reason, none of my M42 lenses will focus to infinity on it. I don't have any contemporary Fujinon lenses, but my Chinon 55mm f/1.7, Pancolar 50mm f/1.8, and Pentax 55mm f/1.8 do not reach infinity. In fact, they do not seem to screw in all the way in, thus the lens arrow lines up short of the 12 o'clock position on the body. Is there anything weird about the ST-701 that would cause this? The mount looks fine and all. All I can think of is that the internal mount threads may be stripped, but that would be weird. Does the ST-701 require its original lenses or something? Thanks!

ST701 mounts any M42 lens, it seems to me that the lens mount thread is damaged.
Run your finger thru it and feel if there is anything stopping a lens from mounting, it might be dirt, or a bent alumnimum thread.
Also check that your front ring is smooth (no screws) before mounting SMC-Takumar lenses