Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there a way to adapter Fujica-X lenses to Leica-M mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to adapter Fujica-X lenses to Leica-M mount? Reply with quote

I'v purchased this nice Fujica 50mm F1.6 coming in a Fujica X Mount. Since I wanted to adapt it to a Sony A7R it should be no problem at all. You can find cheap Fujica X to Sony E (NEX), Fuji X, Nikon Z, Canon RF and mFT adapters easily.

The hassle started when I wanted to adapt it using my Techart Pro LM-EA7 adapter. It uses Leica M mount. So I looked for a Fujica-X to Leica-M adapter and could not find a single one. I looked further if there are other adapters in between to make adapting to Leica-M possible. For example Canon FD to Fujica X. But I could not find a solution yet.

So I wanted to ask the experts here if there is a way to adapt Fujica X lenses to Leica M?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a way to adapter Fujica-X lenses to Leica-M mou Reply with quote

räuber wrote:
I'v purchased this nice Fujica 50mm F1.6 coming in a Fujica X Mount. Since I wanted to adapt it to a Sony A7R it should be no problem at all. You can find cheap Fujica X to Sony E (NEX), Fuji X, Nikon Z, Canon RF and mFT adapters easily.

The hassle started when I wanted to adapt it using my Techart Pro LM-EA7 adapter. It uses Leica M mount. So I looked for a Fujica-X to Leica-M adapter and could not find a single one. I looked further if there are other adapters in between to make adapting to Leica-M possible. For example Canon FD to Fujica X. But I could not find a solution yet.

So I wanted to ask the experts here if there is a way to adapt Fujica X lenses to Leica M?

Your idea of using an intermediate fitting and two adapters is a good one... except I don't think there ever have been any suitable adapters made commercially.

It's certainly possible to make such an adapter either from scratch (using metalworking and/or a 3D printer), or by using some existing parts. The Leica M rear bayonets are widely available on eBay and elsewhere, and it shouldn't be too hard to find an extension tube, tele converter, faulty camera body or mirrorless adapter to provide the front Fujica-X mount. All (!) you need to do is find/make/modify a tube of the correct length and internal/external diameters for both mounts to screw onto. It would have to have a small enough rear diameter to fit onto the Techart PRO adapter, so a two piece, tapered and/or stepped design may be required. Given that it's only required to support the weight of a standard lens this could be made from an easily worked material such as wood or plastic, and painted matt black inside. A couple of fiddly bits to consider are the slot needed to accept the lens release mechanism from your donor lens mount, and the lever or tab required internally to push the lens's auto diaphragm lever to stop the diaphragm down. Fujica X diaphragms are sprung open, and without such a tab you could only use the lens at full aperture.

Hope this helps.