Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wollensak Cine Raptar 1 inch, f/1.5, what is it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject: Wollensak Cine Raptar 1 inch, f/1.5, what is it? Reply with quote

In around 1935 the Wollensak Optical Company offered their first high-speed lens for 16mm cameras. I wasn’t able to determine its designation but presume it was called Cine or Ciné Velostigmat f/1.5.

Its appearance is similar to the 1 inch, f/3.5:

After WWII everything Velostigmat was rebranded Raptar. Raptar is pulled together from Rapid Tessar although only a part of those lenses were Tessar constructions. The contest story is something I don’t believe.

From early 1947 on there was the Cine Raptar 1 inch, f/1.5, wocoted. Here is a draft of the glass arrangement, copyright Markus Schenker of Adira camera, Basel.

He says it’s the 1931 Zeiss Biotar, designed by Merté.
The mechanics are second class. Pity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How time passes. Wollensak put the 1-inch Cine Velostigmat, f/1.5 on the market in 1928. It’s not clear what design it is. Pacemaker was Meyer with its Kino-Plasmat f/1.5, followed by Dallmeyer and Schneider.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a diagram of the 1 inch Cine Velostigmat and it is a, symmetrical 4/2 design, a different animal altogether. The Cine Velostigmat is quite swirly and poor wide open, but nearly covers APS-C with very wild bokeh. Kind of a poor man's Kino Plasmat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that information. Now I have something to do finding a reliable source. I could also buy one such lens and disassemble it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

screwunscrew wrote:
Many thanks for that information. Now I have something to do finding a reliable source. I could also buy one such lens and disassemble it.

Hi Simon, good to know what you are doing professionally, should have a link to your site in our ressources section here.... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screwunscrew wrote:
How time passes. Wollensak put the 1-inch Cine Velostigmat, f/1.5 on the market in 1928. It’s not clear what design it is. Pacemaker was Meyer with its Kino-Plasmat f/1.5, followed by Dallmeyer and Schneider.

Google Chrome will automatically translate this

https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2019/04/wollensak-cine-velostigmat-1inch25mm.html

I love the rendering of this Velostigmat.

url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20223/big_10000__DSC8766_1.jpg][/url]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!! Well done! Like 1 Like 1 Like 1