Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ISCO Kiptar 35mm f/1.6 MFT
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject: ISCO Kiptar 35mm f/1.6 MFT Reply with quote

Here ´s a photo of my ISCO Kiptar I adapted to the MFT system.
It is a semi Petzval system, a little bit different because it has two cemented elements.
This were needed because of the higher speed of the lens.
It has a goog shapness in the middle and soft to the edges but with the now build in aperture I can manage the softness in a wide range. The aperture has 15 blades.
I milled the bayonett socket by myself as well.
Not shown in the picture but necessary is a large lens hood, it gives much better contrast with it and the colours are getting great.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is really useable, here I used f/2.2 and the Panasonic G6 @ISO 400
Sample were shot at the Andreas Feininger Exhibition in Berlin, Bröhan Museum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice - I am interested in what parts you used to mount this lens (after you sawed it in two for aperture placement, unless you didn't put it between the elements).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. I'm a bit jealous as I don't have access to, or knowledge of working with true milling machinery. All my adaptations are some combination of drills, files, glues,screws and goop (typically epoxy but sometimes superglue).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1