Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian JUPITER- 11 on Leica IIIc Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Russian JUPITER- 11 on Leica IIIc Testing Reply with quote

I got a Russian JUPITER-11 135mm f4 and a STAEBLE-LINEOGON 35mm f3.5 with my 1934 Leica II years ago. I have tried them on Leica II and now the IIIc using a Turret Viewfinder. as usual - the LINEOGON will just NOT FOCUS either with rangefinder OR by Guess but I got a RESULT with the JUPITER-11 by guessing the focus distance as again tests using rangefinder were way out. I had a short length of outdated KB400 loaded - the Light was very POOR -- I got 1/40th @ f4. I used home-made ID11 1+1 to process.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my old Russian lenses Smile
Your STAEBLE-LINEOGON is probably from a Paxette, so, although the same M39 thread, it's 44mm to the film plane, not 28.8mm … a 15/16mm extension tube should put you "in the ball park", but you'll still not have r/f coupling.
Good luck Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for that Information about the lens being for PAXETTE !! It makes sense explaining why I could never get it to focus !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good luck with the Jupiter-11 made for the Fed/Zorki on my Leica. The min focus is ~7ft or so. A shim is used to set the distance of the barrel in the focus mount- yours might be off.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Staeble is probably for Paxette which has a longer back focus. The Leica compatible Staebles are marked with a -L- on the front ring see pic