Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Color-Solagon 55mm F2.0 on A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Agfa Color-Solagon 55mm F2.0 on A7RII Reply with quote

Except for little charity and vibrance bump in lightroom, all photos are directly converted from raw to jpeg using the standard profile with no cropping. No adjustment on the exposure too.

Reviews will be available when I get some better photos. Click the photos to enlarge.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with this lens. From an Agfaflex? I know little of Agfa. Is it a interchangeable lens design?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Not bad at all Kevin! If I remember correctly this is a modified Tessar design (?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Not bad at all Kevin! If I remember correctly this is a modified Tessar design (?)

Solagons are always double gauss designs. They're very rare.

You see, "Helios" = god of Sun, "Heligon" = something that has to do with Helios, "Solagon" = something that has to do with the Sun

Helios (USSR), Heligon (Rodenstock), and Solagon lenses are all Double Gauss lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jamaeolus"]I'm not familiar with this lens. From an Agfaflex? I know little of Agfa. Is it a interchangeable l

kds315* wrote:

This image explains it all.

Top to bottom: 50/2.8, 55/2.0, 35/3.4, 90/3.4. 135/4.0

Source: https://www.butkus.org/chinon/agfa/agfa_agaflex/agfaflex.htm

flavio81 wrote:

Solagons are always double gauss designs. They're very rare.

You see, "Helios" = god of Sun, "Heligon" = something that has to do with Helios, "Solagon" = something that has to do with the Sun

Helios (USSR), Heligon (Rodenstock), and Solagon lenses are all Double Gauss lenses.

Exactly!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Agfa Color-Solagon 55mm F2.0 on A7RII Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Except for little charity and vibrance bump in lightroom, all photos are directly converted from raw to jpeg using the standard profile with no cropping. No adjustment on the exposure too.

Reviews will be available when I get some better photos. Click the photos to enlarge.

Like 1

Great shots and I'm really happy to see that you try this lens for your blog.

I've only adapted it haphazardly, because I still lack a proper adapter (they don't seem to be very common and I would want one to M39 or M42, which is pretty much impossible to find...) but I tried it for a couple of shots wide open and I'm quite impressed. I generally love all the Agfa (Color-)Solagon Lenses and this one is no exception.

Don't bug me, and I'll be on my way! by simple.joy, on Flickr

Fall embedded by simple.joy, on Flickr

Outside on line by simple.joy, on Flickr

To glance over by simple.joy, on Flickr

Please let me know if you find a source for a proper adapter. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of the lens and how you like it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Agfa Color-Solagon 55mm F2.0 on A7RII Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Please let me know if you find a source for a proper adapter. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of the lens and how you like it.

I'd also be interested in knowing of a better solution than the one I came up with. Rareadapters on ebay (ramir73) do have them but none listed for L mount, although I imagine if I contacted them they may be able to help.

edit - they are listed for the 'Selectaflex' which I believe was the last model in the line with automatic exposure.

edit edit - it turns out you can mount Selectaflex lenses on an Agfaflex, but cannot mount Agfaflex on the Selectaflex mount (however the listing says both Agfaflex/Selectaflex so it must mount either) see: http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/other/non-karat.html#selectaflex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Agfa Color-Solagon 55mm F2.0 on A7RII Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Great shots and I'm really happy to see that you try this lens for your blog.

I've only adapted it haphazardly, because I still lack a proper adapter (they don't seem to be very common and I would want one to M39 or M42, which is pretty much impossible to find...) but I tried it for a couple of shots wide open and I'm quite impressed. I generally love all the Agfa (Color-)Solagon Lenses and this one is no exception.

Don't bug me, and I'll be on my way! by simple.joy, on Flickr

Fall embedded by simple.joy, on Flickr

Outside on line by simple.joy, on Flickr

To glance over by simple.joy, on Flickr

Thanks! It is pretty good lens i would say with its own personality, especially when it is used for close-ups

I have the conversion kit to M42 from China. It works but I am not satisfied with it quality: it can't lock the lens firmly and the aperture marking is off. As the adapter won't fit my 28/3.4, I have to find another one that works with it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Agfa Color-Solagon 55mm F2.0 on A7RII Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Thanks! It is pretty good lens i would say with its own personality, especially when it is used for close-ups

I have the conversion kit to M42 from China. It works but I am not satisfied with it quality: it can't lock the lens firmly and the aperture marking is off. As the adapter won't fit my 28/3.4, I have to find another one that works with it.

So you do have an adapter for the Solagon to M42? Do you know where I could buy one? Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Agfa Color-Solagon 55mm F2.0 on A7RII Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

So you do have an adapter for the Solagon to M42? Do you know where I could buy one? Thanks a lot.

It is not an adapter, it is an conversion kit. I don't recommand you buy as its quality is not good.