Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker Piconar 40mm 4.5 up close and personal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Piesker Piconar 40mm 4.5 up close and personal Reply with quote

This little guy is in in the same FL as the Helioplan from Meyer and the Jsogon from Schneider of the same vintage. Very few examples of photos out and about so I thought I would remedy that. This example is on remarkable condition with a German made m42 cap and LEATHER lens cap. Its focus throw is quite smooth and relatively light for such an old German optic. It has the marking of a coating I'm guessing its a very early single coating. I hear varying opinions of Piesker optics but I generally find them quite capable if they have not suffered from age degradation ie haze or scratches etc.

so there is the lens (taken on a7rii with the Schneider Apo Componon HM 60mm f4). When I get a bit more time I will display some shots take with the lens on the A7rii

Last edited by jamaeolus on Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never even heard of it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tessar?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the lens plan. Some shots. These are jpg from camera resized using the "190000 pixel" function built into the upload system.

[/ur]

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/202112/big_7980_DSC00242_1.jpg]

and some up close using m42 nex helical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe edit first post Subject 3.5 to match 4.5 on name ring. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Yeah will do. Typo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some samples in 2016 with the same lens. Wink
http://forum.mflenses.com/kalimar-40mm-f4-5-on-a7-t75177,highlight,%2Bkalimar.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have some shots of the lens? I know piesker made a lot of lenses for Braun but was unaware that they sold to rebadging outfits, (OK I am assuming Kalimar was a rebadge outfit since I have seen quite a few different lenses from them that don't seem t be from the same manufacturer)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Do you have some shots of the lens? I know piesker made a lot of lenses for Braun but was unaware that they sold to rebadging outfits, (OK I am assuming Kalimar was a rebadge outfit since I have seen quite a few different lenses from them that don't seem t be from the same manufacturer)

I gave the lens to my friend few years ago. You can refer to photos in the listing below.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175504755985

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say you photos look quite a bit better than mine. Though I'm sure I could improve on the stuff I shot for the original posting, since my technique has improved.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I must say you photos look quite a bit better than mine. Though I'm sure I could improve on the stuff I shot for the original posting, since my technique has improved.

Like 1 Friends

I am sure you can do better than me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:

Iconic!

This one very expressive too:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! It's a bizarre thing I created in my yard. The glass was created in a fused glass class I took at the local community college. It is stuck between branches of an apple tree I have turned into an arbo-sculpture by bending and spiraling branches together.