Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for lens parts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Looking for lens parts Reply with quote

Perhaps this Subject could be sticky.

Looking for Yashinon 2/5cm (Takumar style) rear element.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a pic of the lens? I might have a complete rough lens in my box of junk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This boy:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it might be...I haven't got one in my junk / spares box. But I have got two nice ones - and one is for sale. It's a lovely lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lloydy for checking. I know chances are little to find this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

I wonder if optical block of Asahi Auto-Takumar 1:1.8 f=55 will fit?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run into these Yashinons once in a while in The Netherlands. It’s probably easier to find one for little money from a seller witout the knowledge than to find a single part.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Just might. I don't have Takumar to compare, but i'll post photo of the rear system/element.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Just might. I don't have Takumar to compare, but i'll post photo of the rear system/element.

If you can measure thread size I can measure mine. Smile

The measurement of front element using Click here to see on Ebay 12 or 15 diopter will determine which version of the Auto-Takumar I should measure.

photo ebay seller jsbay88

I own highlighted lenses

Info on the four different optical designs and computations:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashinon is a 6/4 design. The Takumar a 6/5. Apart from being a diffent focal length.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If rear element and not a group, friendly neighborhood optician can grind a new one...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The measurement of front element using Click here to see on Ebay 12 or 15 diopter will determine which version of the Auto-Takumar I should measure.

I guess this is a must have device to get in future. And some informative data on Takumars!

I have two Yashinons that look practically the same, serial 128K and 311K. Sadly i don't know which label goes to which lens any more since i have disassembled both. I was surprised today measuring rear system. It is different. Measures are 1. system dimeter, 2. rear element opening diameter and 3. inner facing element width. Sorry for ugly tooth paste residue (soft polish).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measuring the outside dia of the rear lens retainer rings without taking them out - both Yashinon and Takumar appear to be the same, 27.6mm.

I have two Yashinon, looking at reflections of a LED lamp on the back element, both lenses side by side - the reflections are the same. Using one Yash - one Tak, the reflections are different. I would say the form + curve are different. Not hugely different, but that might be difference in the Tak being a 55mm and the Yash 50mm ?

Would using a Tak lens work in the Yash? Maybe? they seem close enough to try.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Measuring the outside dia of the rear lens retainer rings without taking them out - both Yashinon and Takumar appear to be the same, 27.6mm.

I have two Yashinon, looking at reflections of a LED lamp on the back element, both lenses side by side - the reflections are the same. Using one Yash - one Tak, the reflections are different. I would say the form + curve are different. Not hugely different, but that might be difference in the Tak being a 55mm and the Yash 50mm ?

Would using a Tak lens work in the Yash? Maybe? they seem close enough to try.

This:
D1N0 wrote:
The Yashinon is a 6/4 design. The Takumar a 6/5. Apart from being a diffent focal length.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Yashinon (140k) and the same lens badged Tominon (391k). I took the rear elements out and measured them (http://forum.mflenses.com/auto-yashinon-5cm-f2-variations-t82209,start,25.html). The earlier Yashinon had a larger rear element (25mm) then the later Tominon lens (23mm), maybe this info is useful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that among Yashinons the design already differs, so the difference with the Takumar is likely even more. My digital caliper is acting up so measuring is a bitch right now. Will get an analogue one. MFlenseses shouldn't be measured digitally anyway :p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
I have a Yashinon (140k) and the same lens badged Tominon (391k). I took the rear elements out and measured them (http://forum.mflenses.com/auto-yashinon-5cm-f2-variations-t82209,start,25.html). The earlier Yashinon had a larger rear element (25mm) then the later Tominon lens (23mm), maybe this info is useful.

I think this is right - I looked at both Yashinon lenses and the Takumar - but only measured one Yash. I've just measured them more accurately, but I didn't get the actual rear element out of the block of either Yash, the retainer was just too tight and I wasn't going to risk damage unless I had to. I did get both rear blocks out and they are different.
On the Tak, I got the rear element out, but the block was solid.

Yashica with larger rear element.

Yashica with smaller rear element

Takumar rear element

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better here.