Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon AI Adaptall-2 on B&H?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Nikon AI Adaptall-2 on B&H? Reply with quote

Are these the same as the old Adaptall-2 mounts from the 90's?
I have a couple I would like to buy and want to know if I will get metering same as the 90's mounts.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/53484-USA/Tamron_C04300_Adaptall_Mount_for_Nikon.html/reviews

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The adapter permits the use of cameras' automatic diaphragm controls as well as maintains the ability to utilize TTL metering and aperture priority shooting modes.

Looks like somebody found some old stock in a forgotten corner. Those can easily be found on ebay attached to Tamron lenses for less though :p

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Quote:
The adapter permits the use of cameras' automatic diaphragm controls as well as maintains the ability to utilize TTL metering and aperture priority shooting modes.

Looks like somebody found some old stock in a forgotten corner. Those can easily be found on ebay attached to Tamron lenses for less though :p

Thanks for the reply.

I just quickly searched for them and read a review mentioning no metering. Didn't look properly and thought maybe these were some modern version of the mount that did nothing more than allow mounting of the lens to the camera.
I decided I do already have enough mounts that I can work with. I was considering not having to unmount the adapter from one lens to the other but that would be rare anyhow as I have 5 Nikon AI adapters. Think I'll save a few dollars.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed there is no "add to cart" button. Stocks appear to be gone and they just haven't put up a "no longer available" notice.
That makes deciding easy! lol