Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Six portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Six portrait Reply with quote

Portrait taken with Pentacon Six and CZJ Biometar 120/2.8, film Fomapan 400
Developed in Fomadon R09, semi/stand development (dilution 1:100, 80 minutes, with some agitations at first, and then 20, 40 and 60th minute)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Blacks' are lacking in 'Richness' probably due to the 'Stand Development Technique' and the Soft Contrast of 400 ASA film.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
The 'Blacks' are lacking in 'Richness' probably due to the 'Stand Development Technique' and the Soft Contrast of 400 ASA film.

I guess you are absulutely right

@sheepack:

Why are you using a stand developing?

Sorry, but I can´t understand it, from my side of view it makes no sense when using a film like the Foma Pan 400.

The Foma films has a lower silver content than other films and so it needs a developer and process which takes care that all of it will be used, a stand developing is the worst method for it.

You are loosing much of details and contrast.

I like the picture but with an optimised developing method it will be much better in technical quality.