Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Night at the freight yard - 30 years ago
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: Night at the freight yard - 30 years ago Reply with quote

Here are some slides I ran through to test my new scanner. The software sucks a wee bit - it´s from a certain well known German scan software manufacturer and some functions just appear not to work at all, and the workflow is different than in the previous version with the old flatbed. Still, quality improved considerably: the old one is a Canon 9000F Mk2, and the new one a Reflecta ProScan 10T.

Images itself were taken with a Konica Autoreflex TC and a Hexanon 50 f1.7. There might have also been the 24mm f2 Vivitar involved, which I had back then already, but these images don´t look very wide-angle to me. One film was ISO 100 Agfa daylight slide film, the second roll I can´t recognize, but certainly daylight as well. Therefore the red halo around the lamps which I couldn´t eliminate during the scanning and post-processing.
Together with a friend of mine who started hoarding Nikons at that time, we took our cameras out for tripod night shots at the oil harbor and the big freight yard, summer thunderstorm in the middle of the night included. The time was August 1991, the place the industrial outskirts of Vienna. Two pimple faced nerds, no girlfriends. It was as uncomplicated as it could possibly be, and we spent our bucks on glass and metal Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Night at the freight yard - 30 years ago Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
. . . no girlfriends.

No constraints. Smile

. . . It was as uncomplicated as it could possibly be, and we spent our bucks on glass and metal Wink

Nice memories!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Night at the freight yard - 30 years ago Reply with quote

Here are some slides I ran through to test my new scanner.

Like 1 Like 1