Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* ZK lens on Pentax K1 DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* ZK lens on Pentax K1 DSLR Reply with quote

Clever people,

I'm considering getting a Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* ZK lens (Pentax K mount).

The lens being manual focus, I'm in doubt if it will "communicate" exif, priority & shutter values to the camera body on a K1?

I have its 'cousin', the Milvus 50mm makro planar with my Nikon D3 where all values are passed on to the camera, so I would assume it's the same with th K mount version even if it's an older model, but would like to have this confirmed before buying.

Put another way, I have a Pentax 77mm limited lenses, one of my all time favourites. I assume the Carl Zeiss will function the same way in all manners except being without the autofocus feature?

Huge thanks in advance,

Kasper

Last edited by kasperbergholt on Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* ZK lens on Pentax K1 DSLR Reply with quote

kasperbergholt wrote:
Clever people,

I'm considering getting a Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* ZK lens (Pentax K mount).

The lens being manual focus, I'm in doubt if it will "communicate" exif, priority & shutter values to the camera body on a K1?

I have its 'cousin', the Milvus 50mm makro planar with my Nikon D3 where all values are passed on to the camera, so I would assume it's the same with th K mount version even if it's an older model, but would like to have this confirmed before buying.

Put another way, I have a Pentax 77mm 1.8 limited lenses, one of my all time favourites. I assume the Carl Zeiss will function the same way in all manners except being without the autofocus feature?

Huge thanks in advance,

Kasper

This should be covered in the K-1's owners manual booklet.
I'm not a pentax user, so no easy answer from here.
I did have a D-200 which is a similar time frame to the pentax, and the exif data could be manually entered as above.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* ZK lens on Pentax K1 DSLR Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
kasperbergholt wrote:
Clever people,

Huge thanks in advance,

Kasper

This should be covered in the K-1's owners manual booklet.
I'm not a pentax user, so no easy answer from here.
I did have a D-200 which is a similar time frame to the pentax, and the exif data could be manually entered as above.

-D.S.

Hello again,

I ended up getting the 35mm f/2 instead of the 50mm 1.4. There seems to be different generations of the different Zeiss classic lenses with KAF mount - some with an 'A' setting an some without. I got the first - and there's communication between camera & lens after setting the focal length (which the camera identified as '35'mm). In essence, it works like my 7mm 1.8 lens but witouth autofocus.

It's a fine piece of engineering.