Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon TV-Zoom 14-84 1.6 Tests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Fujinon TV-Zoom 14-84 1.6 Tests Reply with quote

Got this Lens for 15€, nice piece of metal, planning to use it on a PentaxQ...
works ok, even if I cannot focus between 14 and 35-40 mm (still don't know why) both on the Q and the nex.....
nice feature is a "macro" range slide before the 14mm Mark, and focuse much much closer....
on the Q image without any vignetting, but i'm still getting used to that little imp of a camera....not really satisfied at the moment.....

I tried then on the NEX C3, adding the little extension tubes found in the 35mm chinese prime....

NO PP AT ALL, Handheld at ISO200 1/50 F4/5.6 (cannot remember actual Fstop used for this shot)
Just pointing to my shorts, natural light from the window.....original dimension (HUGE VIGNETTING) and high crop.

Considering the light condition and the absence of PP I was quite impressed by center sharpness.....Will try again with heavier sunlight and more pleasing items to capture....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PENTAX Q 1/6 ISO 125 F5.6

Fujinon in "MACRO" range
Not handheld, BWContrast mode on camera, light PP

(the marks on the watch are actual grease/fingerprints)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive indeed, congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, great work

Fujinon-TV lenses are superb quality, both zooms and primes. The zooms however usually have small image circles. Some however have bigger ones, you can tell by the lens code. If it stars with a H it's for a 1/2" tube and will have a small circle, if it starts with a C it is for a 1" tube and will have a larger circle.

Here are some samples from a Fujinon-TV 1.8/75:

http://forum.mflenses.com/fujinon-tv-1-8-75-on-nex-3-the-fuji-biotar-t60172.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep on the Nex the image circle is quite restricting, but I cannot find the serial or that letter on the zoom.

Anyway 15€ was a good price Imho, seems to be very well built, and it's in mint condition.....
only issue is that i cant still figure why in the wider range the minimum focusing distance is over 7-8 meters.....or even more if not stopped down.....

Macro range and central sharpness are really good anyway.

BTW really Nice and 3D lookin shots with the Fujinon prime, I keep lookin for those lenses online but prices are skyrocketting with all the possible adapting on m4/3 and nexes nowadays....in 3-4 years since 2009-2010 all went up 2-3 times the values (as can be seen in really old topics with €/$ quotes....)

I'll keep up doing some comparative focal/Fstop tests on the Q or NEX when I'll have time and better light....

Last edited by DahakaNishoba on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, sadly the prices have skyrocketed, I had about 20 c mount lenses a couple of years ago, picked them up when they were worth nothing. I sold them all because they were fetching silly prices.

Good luck with hunting more, some have the code marked on the barrel, some don't, which makes it tricky.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

this is some of my experimenting to enlarge the image circle of this lens on m4/3
no cropping on image of anykind
at 14mm without and with x2 Rainbow optical extender

[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images are gone in this post, unique to present this Fujinon TV zoom. I contribute with my first test experience, with the lens put on Sony Nex and PP, mostly exposure corrected (as black corners make the camera lift exposure settings) and sometimes contrast boosted.

#1 This one is either at f2.8 of at f4, closest focus at F=14mm

#2 At f5.6

#3 WO at F=14mm

#4 WO at F=35mm (approx)

#5 WO at F=84mm

#6 F=14mm

I have a general infinity issue in this copy. It does not just reach infinity in any zoom setting. Here are two examples at zoom extremes

#7 F=14mm

#8 F=84mm

I'll try to fix it after having found the retaining screws.

Besides that, the lens has a serious IQ potential. And it flares strong at the long end.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the evening light, autocontrast applied.

The same cropped