Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

treasure hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject: treasure hunting Reply with quote

https://petapixel.com/2021/04/01/10-flea-market-leica-lens-sells-for-50000-in-under-24-hours/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also take it for $10 Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title is partly clickbate, it's not a Leica lens, it's a Meyer lens, says so right on the lens, but a $10 Meyer lens that sells for $50,000 probably won't generate as many click as a $10 Leica lens selling for $50,000, after all, what Leica lens can you find for $10? None.

Quote:
The lens is a screw-mount type produced by Meyer Primoplan and while exceedingly rare,

Sigh...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people must have too much money. To pay $50,000 for a crappy Meyer lens isn't understandable at all....

Most probably a 1st April joke.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Meyer Primoplan company. Must be new in Germany. I've not heard of them before. LOL. I do have an Exakta mount copy of a Meyer Primoplan 58mm 1.9. I should see if someone would pay me 5 grand for it.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The market price of any lens is is simply the price at which a willing buyer and seller agree to trade. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People don't travel ,now prefer to spend wisely their cash ,that looks like will loose power pretty fast , so collectible and rare items might be a better place than bitcoin etc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Yes Meyer Primoplan company. Must be new in Germany. I've not heard of them before. LOL. I do have an Exakta mount copy of a Meyer Primoplan 58mm 1.9. I should see if someone would pay me 5 grand for it.....

Give it a try. Think of the price you would be willing to sell it (there is always one ...) multiply times 5 (to keep it within the range of a sane buyer) and put it on the bay. Would be interesting... Wink ...and let us know
My Yashinon 50 f1,9 won't do. Shipping would already be 5 times the worth. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have a bunch of lenses that are not worth the shipping price. Mostly came in lots I bought seeking other items and most are 70-80s 3rd party zooms.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTM mount in any lens attracts a premium. I have several Staeble and Schneider lenses in various rangefinder fittings. The LTM variants go for 10 or more times the price.

Though 50k is a little excessive

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica folk must have just TOO much money.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing more info!