Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Killfitt Zoomar 2.8/40mm Nikon F Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Killfitt Zoomar 2.8/40mm Nikon F Mount Reply with quote

This week I got a Zoomar 2.8/40mm with a c-mount socket but it were different to the lenses I know.
I removed the mount and measured the flange focal distance and the sizes of the lens diameter and I realised that it ia possible to give this lens a Nikon F mount and with the focus option to oo.
I never saw this version of the lens befor, all others I know were able to use M42, Minolta, Pentax K, Exakta or Arri and c-mount but not for Nikon, Leica R or Olympus because of the longer flange flange focus distance.

Now it is finished and it works, I want to try it with a B&W film in the next days.

I know there are much better lenses available today but this is a quiet rare piece and it needs to be tested, or not?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the regular Kilfitt 40/2.8 1:1 with Exa mount. Yes there are better lenses available, but its focal length combined with macro ability made it fun to play around with. Never seen Nikon mount either!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
I had the regular Kilfitt 40/2.8 1:1 with Exa mount. Yes there are better lenses available, but its focal length combined with macro ability made it fun to play around with. Never seen Nikon mount either!

This small Kilfitt/Zoomar lenses are still beauties and you are right, the 40mm is a great focal length.

I guess when I use it with B&W film it will give a perfect quality when stoped down a little bit.

With digital cameras the contrast of this lenses is a little bit low but what we are talking about, this lens were made in 1970 or so, digital cameras were only a dream, far far away.