Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Mamiya / Sekor ES 55/1.4 - adaptable?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Auto Mamiya / Sekor ES 55/1.4 - adaptable? Reply with quote

As it says on the tin. I got this beauty, together with 2 other lenses for $12 yesterday. The easy part's done, now time for the hard part: is the lens adaptable? I am interested in adapting it to either M42, or Leica M, so I could use it on my A7R II or GFX 50R.

Preliminary googling did not yield any encouraging results. I could not find any adapters for this particular mount. I would like to tap the collective wisdom here. Can it be adapted using commercially available adapters?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Some) adapters are commercially available from user 'ramir73' on ebay, price $65 + postage. Other options are to rob the mount from an old camera, teleconverter, or macro extension tube. All of those are fairly rare though. Another option is to use 52mm filter rings with the glass removed. Epoxy one to the lens bayonet flange, then use a 52-42 adapter and a 42 - your camera mount. That option is non-reversible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
(Some) adapters are commercially available from user 'ramir73' on ebay, price $65 + postage. Other options are to rob the mount from an old camera, teleconverter, or macro extension tube. All of those are fairly rare though. Another option is to use 52mm filter rings with the glass removed. Epoxy one to the lens bayonet flange, then use a 52-42 adapter and a 42 - your camera mount. That option is non-reversible.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I know ramir73's stuff. It looks promising, albeit pricey, and only covers the Sony FE adaptation. I was hoping to adapt to M42, thus making the lens usable on both platforms (FE/GFX). Looks like I am out of luck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fujica X-mount has the same flange focal distance and mount diameter. You may be able to use a fujica x-mount adapter or adapt one with an old mamiya es-mount plate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
The Fujica X-mount has the same flange focal distance and mount diameter. You may be able to use a fujica x-mount adapter or adapt one with an old mamiya es-mount plate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount

Something to look into, thank you!