Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ferrania Kickstarter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Ferrania Kickstarter Reply with quote

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/filmferrania/100-more-years-of-analog-film?ref=users

Ferrania has a kickstarter for their 100 ISO reversal film.

I pledged at the $70 level for four rolls of 120 plus my name on their website.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes wasn't there somewhere here involved with them?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Yes wasn't there somewhere here involved with them?

Orio:
http://forum.mflenses.com/ferrania-quits-photo-business-t44275,highlight,%2Bferrania.html

Currently I prepare to restart my Kiev 60 medium format camera, and several other old cameras are waiting to be used as well. SoI have to read their Kickstarter project carefully.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can one not put a few coins aside for them then.

I've reserved me a full rolls of 35mm Razz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in on the basic 1 roll of each - 135 & 220.
I've been using some of their 126 cartridge print film for my vintage zeiss ikon - great stuff.

Here's the chance for us hard core film types to make a difference.
Kickstarters are great.

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

Film, Ordered.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they hit the 50% mark in 24 hours. That's an incredibly hopeful sign!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not involved with Ferrania, only supporting, because although not as important as Kodak or Agfa, it's still a part of the history of film photography, and it would be so bad to lose it, because it should be clear by now that, being old technology, whatever equipment, tools, facilities of film production are lost today, they will be lost forever, because no one would ever invest the necessary money to start the film thing again from zero.

I bought the snap pack for $35. I wish I could do more, but taht is all I can afford at the moment.
It is so great to see that so many people apparently are still devoted to film and wanting to do something concrete to save it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea of Ferrania. Backup for the two rolls 35mm pack.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more E6? really? But they have Lambo's and all kinds of crazy crap for the police to hoon around but no more E6.. Sad

Bum.

This is also a it finishes Wednesday guys who are sitting on the fence. they are sooo close. support support support support.

and then donate up the top to this place! Razz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goal reached! Cool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question, did anyone get film from Ferrania?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 years of analog film. Yeah, all film is digital these days.

Interesting products, but nowehre does it say what process the reversal film is. I would have thought that was pretty important.

Read it again. its 2015. So what happened?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
100 years of analog film. Yeah, all film is digital these days.

Interesting products, but nowehre does it say what process the reversal film is. I would have thought that was pretty important.

Read it again. its 2015. So what happened?

They still haven't come good and got film to all of us who backed them, that is for sure...and they seem to get quick narky with me every time I ask. They say they do not 'owe' us anything...made me lose my faith a little in this company...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

The industry standard is E-6. The only other reversal process in modern times was Kodachrome, which nobody's even thinking of restarting because of its complexity. A pity.

As to why Ferriana hasn't come out with a reversal film yet, maybe Kodak's re-entry into the market has taken some wind out of their sails?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tiny team of people so they had to downsize their ambitions. The negative bw film is excellent though, it is even available in a shop near my area.

I'm going to give it a try when I receive an exakta, my plan is to show it to friends .. and nothing else, since I prefer digital .. ahem.

Seriously speaking, tones of the P30 are excellent if treated in D76.

As fior the return of their slide film, I remember having used it in the eighties or nineties.

They stated they can only revive their old productions as new film cannot be developed without massive investments.

As far as I can remember I used that slide film, named something after the 3M company, a couple times: just to be swiftly back to Kodak.

Then Ferrania was just a subsidiary of 3M, that film wasn't their work.

It was just a supermarket type of film, not many liked it.

Ferrania was great when it provided film for the italian movies of the early fifties and sixties, if one sees well restored copies of these movies he will be likely surprised by their tonal range.

So the P30 makes a lot of sense. The slide film likely not

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness I had completely forgotten about the coin I sent over there.

So they are making / selling film?

They stopped sending me emails it seems, I had forgotten all about it.

#EDIT

Oh they are making Monochrome film? That will do! Great!

#EDIT EDIT

Oh it's all sold out.

Ah whats another 5 yrs Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame! It was the only colour film I used to use.