Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another Jupiter 9 thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Another Jupiter 9 thread Reply with quote

Not to step on any toes, but I would like to give another shout out to the Jupiter 9. I picked up this this lens recently in a fury of LBA and I really like it! At times it almost has a 3D effect. The bokeh is great as well. I think this will be a "set it at f4 and leave it" lens for me. I'm glad it appears that I received a clan copy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a winner!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupjupjuuuuuiter! Smile

Where’s the photo of it hanging out there front of Your camera?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a beautiful lens for sure .

The bird feeder picture is so simple and beautiful

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you get a good one, it's a big winner. Looks like you got a good one.

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking this lens. This might be the lens that forces my to try a Sony A7 FF camera just to "unlock the full potential"!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woh! That last image!

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
woh! That last image!

Like 1 small
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good copy! Nice results!
A couple of thoughts based on my experience with it:

It has three lens characters in one. This 3 in 1 behavior is typical for Sonnar lenses and is a good thing to remember in order to fully utilize these versatile lenses:
- Wide open it has a painterly, impressionistic bokeh and a kind of sooc orton effect - really cool rendering used in many anime cartoons.
- Stopped down one or two steps its bokeh is much smoother and it has better contrast, colors and micro contrast - quite beautiful for portraiture and the 3D pop you mentioned.
- At f/8-11 it has a rendering typical for a much more contemporary lens.

You should try it for B&W too. It has a soft tonal rendering which enriches B&W images making them quite smooth.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty-Lens wrote:
Looks like a good copy! Nice results!
You should try it for B&W too. It has a soft tonal rendering which enriches B&W images making them quite smooth.
Cheers!

What little B&W shots I have played with seem to turn out pretty well. I'll have to play with that more!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work.
Congratulations
Tom