Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor manuals to use on Canon C100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Nikkor manuals to use on Canon C100 Reply with quote

Somebody has experience with that C100 camera? And what about to use there manual Ai, Ais, Aid, D glass on that body with APS-H senzor. In terms Super35. So there is 1.3x crop but it is usable with some fast lenses. Ofcourse there can be problem with super wide angles but it can be solved with more expensive ones. I thinking about to use it like that.
Or do you think that is better value to buy GH4 and go for C-mount trials with photography capturing?
Thanks for comments and advices.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No experience.

C100 uses Canon EF mount lenses. Nikkor to EF adapter for using Nikkors. Chipped adapter should work, but maybe not.

Crop factor of GH4 requires wider angle lens than C100 for same field of view.

Try Canon forum for experienced user stories. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answer. It is just in words, plans. Just finding info and so on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious too since seeing that camera.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I decide to go for Sony a7S2 and use there my Nikkor and other lenses. Whatever Pentax, Pentax 67 or M42 glass with two other Canon AF for special work.
Image what produce alpha is incredible and there is also possibility to use there C-mount glass with slowmotion with 2.2x crop for example as my Cosmicar 25/1.9. Not tested everything. Still waiting on adapter for c-mounts. So my first impresions of that camera are very well. Still I am quite excited. Still I testing it.
Cheers.