Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica B 200, worth 8 euros?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Praktica B 200, worth 8 euros? Reply with quote

I mean use with film.
No idea if it works, do the generally do?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't work (which often they don't) you haven't wasted a fortune and the lens can be used via a PB adaptor on any mirrorless or Canon DSLR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
lens can be used via a PB adaptor on any mirrorless or Canon DSLR

didn't know that, thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Praktica cameras have often problems with the electronic and with broken plastic parts but the lenses for it are excellent.
I used one of this cameras a couple of years ago with the Zeiss Jena 1.4/50 and the Macro 2.8/50mm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought two of them (for their lenses) and re-sold the bodies. Both worked perfectly. The Prakticar 50mm 1.4 that came with them is a very nice lens. Mine has a very, very warm cast, but I like it a lot. The Prakticar 50 1.8 is an ok lens. Nothing too special, but it does the job. I will not recommend it to anyone for anything in particular, but it delivered pretty decent pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my Praktica B-200 E since 1983 and, besides some external wear, it works flawlessly.

They could suffer -after 35/40 years- of electronic failures, due to oxydized contacts. Sometimes, the exposure meter works, but the shutter doesn't fire... simply because of the hardening of old grease (yes, the same grease, responsible of the erratic work of a non-overhauled Pentacon Six's shutter).

Try it with a 6v battery (silver oxyde or lithium), and if the electronic works, same as the mechanical parts, go and enjoy using it!

Best,

Enzo