Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri CC Auto 35mm f2.8 Bayonet Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject: Petri CC Auto 35mm f2.8 Bayonet Mount Reply with quote

Not to be confused with the later M42 variant, which was made by Sigma, or possibly Sun I think, this was probably made by Kuribayashi themselves in the Petri bayonet mount.
A very nice little lens.
A little soft at the edges wide open, but still very pleasant.
Sharp at other apertures.
Here is the lens on a home-made adapter for Fuji:

#1


#2


Here are some images that I made with it:


#1


#2


#3


#4


#5


#6


#7


#8


PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1


PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Colors!


PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Petri CC Auto 35mm f2.8 Bayonet Mount Reply with quote

Looks pretty. I mean both the lens and the photos taken by the lens...


PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results , is that a modified exakta with petri camera mount on it?


PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words.
The lens is quite good I think

kiddo wrote:
Very nice results , is that a modified exakta with petri camera mount on it?


Yes, the retaining lever broke on this and I modified it to take the Petri mount which came from a teleconverter, but could just as easily come from the front of a non functioning Petri camera - and there are plenty of those about.
The Exakta adapter was placed in a lathe and we milled some off the front to get approximately the right register distance. The Petri mount was then attached.
It could have been almost any adapter to be modified - it is just that the Exakta was spare.
It isn't perfect but very close.
Tom

#1


#2


PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1


PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1


PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some extra images from today.
All were hand held and the shutter speeds were often slow. Some of the slower shutter images are not as sharp as they could/should be - would have been better with a tripod.
Handheld at 1/4 second is a challenge
Tom

#1


#2


#3


#4


#5


#6


PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos! What Fuji body or bodies are you using?

Is there any reason to choose the bayonet over the M42 mount for Fuji X?

I’m shooting X-T1 and H1.


PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knudsen wrote:
Very nice photos! What Fuji body or bodies are you using?

Is there any reason to choose the bayonet over the M42 mount for Fuji X?

I’m shooting X-T1 and H1.


Hello Jon.
I have an XE-2s but the adapter will work on any Fuji APSc camera
The bayonet Petris are usually much cheaper than the M42 lenses because there are so few adapters available for them.
There is a commercially available one for Fuji FX but it is a little expensive - add freight to Australia from US and it becomes even more expensive.
So I made my own.
If you do head down the bayonet Petri track, make sure you pick up a 55mm f1.8 or 55mm f2 lens as well.
They are cheap but amazingly good lenses
Cheers
Tom


PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Handheld at 1/4 second is a challenge
Tom


Yes, it is.
For me, elbow placement and caffeine consumption are major players.
I don't have much that is barely usable at 1/4 sec... maybe one or two.
Nice work on the water pics!

-D.S.


PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Knudsen wrote:
Very nice photos! What Fuji body or bodies are you using?

Is there any reason to choose the bayonet over the M42 mount for Fuji X?

I’m shooting X-T1 and H1.


Hello Jon.
I have an XE-2s but the adapter will work on any Fuji APSc camera
The bayonet Petris are usually much cheaper than the M42 lenses because there are so few adapters available for them.
There is a commercially available one for Fuji FX but it is a little expensive - add freight to Australia from US and it becomes even more expensive.
So I made my own.
If you do head down the bayonet Petri track, make sure you pick up a 55mm f1.8 or 55mm f2 lens as well.
They are cheap but amazingly good lenses
Cheers
Tom


Much appreciated advice, Tom! Like 1

Thank you!


PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some images from this afternoon
Tom


#1


#2


#3


#4


#5


#6


PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
Nice ones!
Busy background.

The water shots further up were nice too.