Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon P7100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Nikon P7100 Reply with quote

My mother-in-law's Nikon P7100 has been delivered today.

It's quite a beautiful camera!

Here is a short first report...

The size is compact but not too small, just about right I would say. Big enough to be operated easily and small enough to hide inside a coat pocket.

I like the way it has to be used. The controls are logical and easily accessed.
There are control wheels for the most important features, but you need the menu anyway.

It starts very promptly and the AF is surprisingly fast!
The zoom travels through the whole range quickly and the different "stops" can be activated and dectivated.

The display is tiltable and offers a pretty high resultion and a good quality:

The image quality the cam produces is impressive, well for a compact cam at least.

Most small-sensor-compact cams I have used should not be used at ISO 400 or higher.
The P7100 can definitely be used at ISO 400. At ISO 800 the quality deteriorates and a higher setting is not recommendable.

I have shot this picture at different ISO settings:

Here are similar 100% crops:

But then, we are looking at 100% crops. Who needs those anyway?

At "normal" sizes, you can use ISO 800 shots without problems:

And this is pretty amazing for a compact cam. I have set the cam to "Auto ISO 100-400", so my mom-in-law is on the safe side. Wink

The Nikon P7100 offers a great variety of featuers and effects.
This image shows the same subject with different "selective colours" settings:

My first impression? The P7100 seems to be a very usable and well performing compact camera for an enthusiastic photographer who wants to have a "always-with-you" camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ED glass makes the tiny sensor believable in these cameras.
Sister has a similar p&s nikon that does surprisingly well, especially on color rendition.
User interface is a shade more difficult than canon- the nikon's system of doing every thing through the menu can be slowing at times.
Nice to see a macro step on the control ring where it belongs.

-D.S.