Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FDn 200mm 4.0 .... Wow.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Canon FDn 200mm 4.0 .... Wow. Reply with quote

I have owned my Canon FDn 200mm 4.0 for quite some time now and have taken it out to the duck pond once or twice, but with covid I have not yet had the opportunity to give it a really good workout.

Well, I went to my favorite zoo today and all I carried was this lens. Wow. I own several "film era" 200mm lenses but this one may be the best one. Sharp, nice colors, good contrast, light weight, smooth focus, built in lens hood, not expensive on eBay. The only drawback I can think of is that the aperture ring feels a bit plastic-y and inferior to other lenses I own. But in actual operation it is reliable and works fine.

I think this is a really great lens.

This first pic was size reduced to 50% but is otherwise straight out of camera (E-M1 Mk.II). The second one below it is a 100% crop from the full size "not-size reduced" version. This was taken at f/5.6 and ISO 400, 1/160 sec.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuzki with lens Congrats Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is an excellent lens.
And to think that not so long ago sellers couldn't give them away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s a 100% crop.

Holy Batman.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a good performer!