Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OM Zuiko-lens to M42-adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:05 am    Post subject: OM Zuiko-lens to M42-adapter? Reply with quote

Yes i know OM to M42 cameras-adapter would not reach infinity but with long lenses quite far. e.g. using Ni-M42 + M42-C/Y adapters. here Nikon lens to C/Y camera. also have a C/Y-lens to Nikon-camera-solution and data.
Are there OM Zuiko M42-adapters around? want to use OM-Zuikos on C/Y-Analogue cameras.
For Digital there is a genious Leitax-OM-EOS/EF mount available different from his NI-EOS-mount. it will go ontop of the "mount" and mount is a bit shorter to reach infinity. I only believe when tested. very long lens 600/6.5 involved. yes maybe overkill for that lens since Contax AX will not focus over F5.6 (exception: Catadioptric mirror lenses f8. i tested that. with 600/8 CAT.
Maybe better staying with OM-EOS SRL or DSRL or ML. or using analogue OM-cameras. mentioned Zuiko 600/6.5 has finefocus. no quick shooting. ca. 3.5kg with OM2N.
I wonder how sigma AF 500/7.2 would focus on a SRL/DSRL nikon AF-camera. maybe enough light/contrast needed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to make one yourself using the OM mount from a OM-EOS adapter/OM extension tube and a flange like this Click here to see on Ebay .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:53 am    Post subject: found triple-adapter-solution-shorter direct-adapter OM-C/Y? Reply with quote

OM-EF + EF-M42 + M42-C/Y did it.
i dont like M42 since no rotation-lock which is a problem with such a heavy lens.
since dark i must wait til day for "infinity"-check. maybe get 30m.
nearest 8.4m.
is there a OM/CY macroadapter?
yes using a short extension tube may help to get shorter register.
It must have OM-mount.
will check extension on my setup 1 asap.
when i had the OM system over 40 years ago i hadnt a second camera with longer register. so all adapters were for lenses to OM not to C/Y.
thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you should consider combine the OM lens mount and CY camera mount(from extension tube or T mount adapter) directly. Using 3 adapter will significant decrease the max focus distance of your adapted lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

60.60mm with adapter. extension 14mm approx. when melting 7.5mm c/y-extension with OM-EF it will be longer 16mm. yes one could make ot shorter but hardly smaller than 14mm. maybe minus 3mm by shaving OM adapter on EF-side and removing C/Y-mount ring 1mm from extension. of 1mm makes it at "infinity" one should try it. but since i dont have a 7.5mm copy i will not try. maybe shaving a OM-EF-adapter and tryng on 7.5mm with mount removed. one can calculate how much further than 26.5m(verified and doublechecked) can be reached with about 13mm extension.

600/6.5 Zuiko on C/Y triple-adapter 8.4-26.5m (default on OM: 11m-infinity)
on pentaxforums dot com i have seen a formula telling the range when extension is used.
Now its about to find the right Contax camera with more exclusive features than only the same bright 1-7-OM-screen. will get very soon. viewing with split-screen is a big pain. dont have exchangeable screen contax. the ones for 109 Program or 230 AF are hard to get. and hardly the same.