Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unusual Corfield Lumax 100mm f4 in M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: Unusual Corfield Lumax 100mm f4 in M42 Reply with quote

I recently bought a Corfield Lumax 100mm f4 lens for my small Periflex collection and discovered that it is an M42 mount.

Not any M42 mount either, it has a slightly longer flange focal distance equal to that of Nikon.

I have seen nothing like it previously and can't find anything on the web. I contacted John Lewis who is a Corfield expert and he's as baffled as I am. He suggests that it may have been produced for an individual photographer.

I have pics of the lens here for your comment

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I never saw it before.

Congrats!!!

Focus from 5 m or ft?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Nice. I never saw it before.

Congrats!!!

Focus from 5 m or ft?
Its in feet so a nice distance for portraits.

I did some shots this evening. Most at full aperture (f4) but the Lego Ash band is f8

It's got an interesting bokeh.

All pics right out of camera (Sony A7) no PP at all. The first 2 at 5 feet then the rest with a helical.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully sharp lens, congrats! I like the Lego as well! 😁

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Friends

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:
Beautifully sharp lens, congrats! I like the Lego as well! 😁

Im quite impressed by the sharpness. I's my go to close up lens now.

regards the Lego, its the only way I'm going to see my favourite band, ASH, this year.