Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter for Meyer Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 300mm f4.5 Exakta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Adapter for Meyer Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 300mm f4.5 Exakta Reply with quote

Hi, newbie here - I have an ominous feeling that I have just bought a lens I will be unable to use but if I am going to find an answer then this forum seems a good place to try.
I have just purchased a Meyer Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 300mm f4.5 with Exakta mount which I was intending to use with my Sony e-Mount camera.
So naturally I purchased an Exakta to Sony NEX mount adapter and thought I was ready to go.
Unfortunately the adapter does seem to have any chance of working at all. I have enclosed pics of the adapter plus how it looks when married up to the lens.
As you can see on the adapter there are three flanges on the inside and then a raised rim which is completely smooth.
On the lens there are three flanges but they end up on the outside of the raised adapter rim which has nothing to lock with them.
There is also nothing on the lens with which to lock with the inner flanges on the adapter - they just stop the lens from going further into the adapter.
Having looked fairly extensively I can't find any existing "Exakta" adapter that would work with this lens and a few posts on this forum seem to bear that out - apparently not all "Exakta" mounts are Exaktly the same.
Before I return the lens I would be grateful if anyone can advise if there is such an adapter available in some far flung corner of the web that I have missed?
Thanks in (fairly low) anticipation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Adapter for Meyer Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 300mm f4.5 Exa Reply with quote

NJA wrote:
Hi, newbie here - I have an ominous feeling that I have just bought a lens I will be unable to use but if I am going to find an answer then this forum seems a good place to try.
I have just purchased a Meyer Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 300mm f4.5 with Exakta mount which I was intending to use with my Sony e-Mount camera.
So naturally I purchased an Exakta to Sony NEX mount adapter and thought I was ready to go.
Unfortunately the adapter does seem to have any chance of working at all. I have enclosed pics of the adapter plus how it looks when married up to the lens.
As you can see on the adapter there are three flanges on the inside and then a raised rim which is completely smooth.
On the lens there are three flanges but they end up on the outside of the raised adapter rim which has nothing to lock with them.
There is also nothing on the lens with which to lock with the inner flanges on the adapter - they just stop the lens from going further into the adapter.
Having looked fairly extensively I can't find any existing "Exakta" adapter that would work with this lens and a few posts on this forum seem to bear that out - apparently not all "Exakta" mounts are Exaktly the same.
Before I return the lens I would be grateful if anyone can advise if there is such an adapter available in some far flung corner of the web that I have missed?
Thanks in (fairly low) anticipation.

Welcome NJA!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am new at this forum and I have recently started using it with my eos 750d.
I had a similar issue, bad my mount looks different.

I bought a Telemegor 400 with the lenses and the mechanics in perfect condition on ebay and I thought the mount was Exakta (I had not had a lens with this mount before), but the Chinese adapter that I bought does not work. I would like your help to properly identify the lens mount to find the proper adapter. I add photos of the mount and adapter that does not fit.

[url=

Last edited by susolate on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find that lens has the external Exakta bayonet mount, while your adapter (and all others I've seen) only have the internal bayonet. Most Exakta/Exa cameras had both – the internal mount was used for smaller lenses, and the external fitting for larger ones. Here's an illustration of the two types:

I don't know of any Exakta adapters that have the external bayonet, but you might be able to modify a standard one with a genuine Exakta lens mount salvaged from a broken camera, or bought as a spare part on eBay, etc. Note that some models (mainly Exas) only have the internal mount. An alternative is to have the rear of the lens modified, either directly to a fitting you want (such as EOS) or to something more easily adaptable (such as M42).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

susolate wrote:
Hello, I am new at this forum and I have recently started using it with my eos 750d.
I had a similar issue, bad my mount looks different.

I bought a Telemegor 400 with the lenses and the mechanics in perfect condition on ebay and I thought the mount was Exakta (I had not had a lens with this mount before), but the Chinese adapter that I bought does not work. I would like your help to properly identify the lens mount to find the proper adapter. I add photos of the mount and adapter that does not fit.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20219/big_11917_Screenshot_20210927222808274_comalibabaaliexpresshd_2.jpg][img]

Welcome susolate