Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk in the woods with the Canon SSC 35mm f/2 concave
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: A walk in the woods with the Canon SSC 35mm f/2 concave Reply with quote

Recently found this lens on a local advertisement website, as part of a complete Canon A1 set. I was not sure which edition of the lens it was, but decided to place a bid, and the seller agreed. When I picked the lens up, it appeared to be the version with the concave front element Smile

I decided to take it out to the woods. Camera used is Sony A7RII.

Pictures are nice and contrasty with saturated colours staight out of the camera:

100% crop at upper rim of the picture shows that CA's are pretty well under control for such an old lens:

Relative fast aperture allows for some bokeh shots:

Shot of a tree stem:

50% crop shows that the lens produces plenty of detail:

Another shot with tree roots:

And again, a 50% crop:

I must say I'm pretty happy with this lens.

Last edited by caspert79 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 I like the tree stem (trunk) and the meadow/pond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, are you talking about the 35mm f/2 (as opposed to the f/2.8 in the title). I was only aware of the concave f/2 lens. Which, as a big 35mm guy, is one of my favorite lenses ever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
Just curious, are you talking about the 35mm f/2 (as opposed to the f/2.8 in the title). I was only aware of the concave f/2 lens. Which, as a big 35mm guy, is one of my favorite lenses ever.

Yeah sure, f/2. Stupid mistake 😆
I just corrected it.