Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rangefinder lens storage?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:48 am    Post subject: Rangefinder lens storage? Reply with quote

Any suggestions on where to buy bolt cases or the like for storage of rangefinder lenses? I have built a nice little collection and want to start carrying them around with me in a protected manner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thecasestore.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but thats for for bulk lens storage, I was hoping to find something like the old lens bubbles.... or bakelites....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a company release a series of lens store/display bubbles designed for different mounts. I considered starting a company even. I would start with m42, and Leica, then exakta, adding various other mounts if it took off. Include a slot at the base for silica packets. Crystal clear polycarbonate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many if not most accessory rangefinder lenses came with compact leather carrying cases. I have a few LTM lenses that came with leather cases, and I can see how it might not be all that convenient carrying separate cases with you, but at least they're compact. I have a 100mm and a 35mm that came with finders, which also store in these cases without taking much extra room.

Seems to me that, if you just want a convenient way to carry several rangefinder lenses, you can get a small camera bag that has compartments and adjust the compartments so that they'll hold your lenses securely. I have several small camera bags that would work well for this. I have only four LTM lenses, and they could easily be stored in one of these small bags.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuse a food container? Maybe find something new at https://www.containerandpackaging.com/

Buy old rangefinder lens cases on ebay https://www.ebay.com/sch/107894/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=rangefinder+lens+case

EDIT: Maybe I picked up on Michael's thoughts as I was writing this reply? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A microfibre cloth to wrap around and protect the lens finish, and it fit inside a small lens pouch like the old OM lens pouches.
I already have a few that came with a couple OM lenses, they're nice little bags with draw strings and has some padding to protect the lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Seems to me that, if you just want a convenient way to carry several rangefinder lenses, you can get a small camera bag that has compartments and adjust the compartments so that they'll hold your lenses securely. I have several small camera bags that would work well for this. I have only four LTM lenses, and they could easily be stored in one of these small bags.

For what it's worth, there's alot of bags that sell very slowly on eBay, can be had 99p winning bid. Just as I've had to do this recently, might aswell mention how you've got alot of easy choice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I would love to see a company release a series of lens store/display bubbles designed for different mounts. I considered starting a company even. I would start with m42, and Leica, then exakta, adding various other mounts if it took off. Include a slot at the base for silica packets. Crystal clear polycarbonate.

Like 1

I thought about making the bases out of copper, since it's a natural fungicide.