Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

P. Angenieux AX Type 65 F. 120-125
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: P. Angenieux AX Type 65 F. 120-125 Reply with quote

The MFLenses encyclopedia lacks this kind of Angenieux projection lens for 35mm film. So I am adding it to enlarge the knowledge base.

Some shooting scenes or items are identic to those taken with a powerful Agfa Color-Agolon 2.5/90, so you may make a direct comparison. To shoot with Sone Nex I used the same PVC adapter exposed in the Agolon post.

Overall character

#1 This is in a some way comprehensive test shot showing the lens' general rendering, including back OOF and front OOF

#2 The lens' colour scheme sometimes gives more magenta, but nothing especially unpleasing

#3 The central shrapness is pretty impressive

Testing bokeh agianst various backgrounds

Distance variations

#7 Further

#8 Closer

#9 This one is more about impression than distance: I pushed exposure down to see how the image stands it, and now its character less distinctive making it look closer to some good Planar say at f5.6

All shots are made wide open (the lens does not have iris) and minimally tweaked for contrast/saturation. A bolder exposure compensation was applied to the last one.

I know some of you shoot with these Angenieux lenses. Please feel free to add your samples notwithstanding the "Type" and the focal length which may vary.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a PETZVAL type lens, ideal for portraits or other centered objects/subjects!