Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta CE Rokkor 30mm 2.8 enlarge lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: Minolta CE Rokkor 30mm 2.8 enlarge lens Reply with quote

A couple of macro shots with this little thing. Crazy sharp and good for the range of 3x to 8x IIRC. The lens has an illuminated aperture scale useful for darkroom work but which gave a strange flare when used as a taking lens. A problem easily solved with some stick on black felt.

And a needle and thread for scale.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! What kind of mount does it have? Like 1 small

(Edit: Found it, 39mm Lica thread mount)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 39mm enlarger lens mount. I use the Sony nex to m42 close adapter then m42 helicoids with a m39 to m42 threaded bushing. I read this guys write up and decided to try it:

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=293959

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knudsen wrote:
WOW! What kind of mount does it have? Like 1 small

(Edit: Found it, 39mm Lica thread mount)

Be careful with M39, there are a number of different mounts that are "M39" but have different specifications.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M39_lens_mount
Canon screw M39×24tpi (1.058mm Pitch) 28.8mm registration
Leica screw(LTM) M39×26tpi (0.977 mm pitch) 28.8mm registration (Whitworth threads)
Paxette M39×1 44mm registration
Z39 (Zenit) M39×26tpi 45.2mm registration
Kiev/FED M39x1
M39 enlarger lenses M39x1 no standard registration, the back focus is usually the same as it's focal length. British makers mostly used the RPS thread standard for enlarging lenses while others used LTM or M39x1

Last edited by Lightshow on Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bog standard m39 typical of 95 percent of enlarger lenses. I love to refer to Photo Cornucopia website for (nearly) all things in the enlarger lens world. 39mm x 1mm.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks a lot for the tips on the threads!

I’m a hack at photography, much less macro. Metric diameter and Inch threads... some one did that just to be mean!

I’m a hack at machining too, but I might just roll my own adapter to keep me off the streets for an evening. That’s better for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens pics.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all hacks, just that some of us have more experience from having been into these lenses since they were current technology/products and have never fully moved forward into the new modern digital equipment, some still shoot film and even still develop it and make prints in a darkroom, I shot film, it's interesting but expensive to shoot anything more than a few frames an hour, and it's bulky having all these 24-36 exposure rolls of film when digital can fit weeks of shooting on one card and you don't pay anything(other than the wear from writing to the card) to see if he results till you actually print something.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I shoot film a little bit here and there. Mostly just to test cameras. Though I am working a roll of Kodak Gold 200 through my recently purchased OM-4 just because it brings back good memories of my very early days as a photographer (decidedly amateur) when I shot with an OM 1. It makes you slow down and really think about the process of creating an image. I rarely shoot a whole roll in one go so often they sit in the camera long enough that its kind of like Christmas when I do finally finish a roll and have it developed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more shots a little further from the subject. Evening sunlight filtered through a thin haze of wildfire smoke on this one:

This was with late morning sun, agin kinda smoky sky.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it is wide angle lens mounted on helicoid, could it be used for landscapes, or something else rather then close ups? Could it cower FF?