Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens recognition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject: Lens recognition Reply with quote

I am seeing this lens on a Fujica st605 so m42, but name ring is missing. Not Fujinon I think but some 28 or 35mm? CFD seems to be 3 feet so probably a cheap third party one and not a hidden treasure.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a generic 35mm 2.8 from the 80's. I had a Vivitar with similar look to it. But lenses from that era from japan can be difficult to impossible to identify manufacturers. Cosina, Osawa, Kino, Komine, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina? Who knows. Unless it was dirt cheap I wouldn't worry to much about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little hard to tell from the angles shown, but that lens looks to me to be a preset. I see what looks like a 2nd aperture ring. So if it's a preset lens, that would argue for a manufacture date more like the 60s or early 70s, I'm thinking. If it's a preset, that might help somewhat in narrowing down the maker.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A T2 or YS mount lens...guessing Soligor or Sigma or Spiratone 2.8/28

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
It's a little hard to tell from the angles shown, but that lens looks to me to be a preset. I see what looks like a 2nd aperture ring.

No, it's not a preset. The second "ring" isn't actually a ring, but there's a "M/A" switch! Very common for M42 lenses, but maybe also on other mounts?

The engravings and the general style look a bit like an early Sigma ... it seems the front ring is missing - maybe even the front lens?!?

S

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
It's a little hard to tell from the angles shown, but that lens looks to me to be a preset. I see what looks like a 2nd aperture ring.

No, it's not a preset. The second "ring" isn't actually a ring, but there's a "M/A" switch! Very common for M42 lenses, but maybe also on other mounts?

The engravings and the general style look a bit like an early Sigma ... it seems the front ring is missing - maybe even the front lens?!?

S

Estimating from the hyperfocal markings against the feet scale in the first image I would guess this is an early 35mm lens (with focus set at 3 ft the f/11 hyperfocal mark would be just shy of the 4 ft distance marking, which corresponds with the hyperfocal markings on the 35mm lenses I have.) This would likely be of master lens + front wide-angle converter construction. As Stephan suggested my guess would therefore also be that there is more missing than just the name ring; looks like either part of or the entire front wide-angle converter is missing.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can view all images here. https://www.catawiki.com/nl/l/58645933-fujica-st605

It is indeed a ring type A/M switch but my memory fails me as to what brand/manufacturer used those. Probably several.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculation: early Makinon. Green coating. I had 28mm and 135mm of this kind. Genuine thus cannot be attributed to major manufacturers.