Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optik ? Reply with quote

I found this photo. Has anyone ever released a product like this?
Please let me know because there is little information.
I found 2.8 / 35 and 1.8 / 38, but what kind of camera is the lens attached to?

Or is this a fake?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mystery. Maybe someone can identify the mount? That 35 is a pancake lens so unlikely to be retrofocal. So maybe for a non slr camera? If it is fake someone sure went to a lot of trouble to make it. Notice the serial numbers are very close together. Maybe prototypes. Likely from the first half of the sixties. http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Meyer_serial_numbers#cite_note-2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you got us puzzled. This is some very interesting find. Suggestion of prototype is in place. Pentina half frame for
Volkspolizei perhaps?

Last edited by Pancolart on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard not to be curious about what they can do, if they cover a decently sized film/sensor. I guess that 38mm could show more "character", who knows, I've never seen these.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
A mystery. Maybe someone can identify the mount? That 35 is a pancake lens so unlikely to be retrofocal. So maybe for a non slr camera? If it is fake someone sure went to a lot of trouble to make it. Notice the serial numbers are very close together. Maybe prototypes. Likely from the first half of the sixties. http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Meyer_serial_numbers#cite_note-2

The serial numbers are very close.
prototype. .. ..
Yes. It's likely.
Does Meyer have any other prototypes? You may know something by looking at the serial number.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Now you got us puzzled. This is some very interesting find. Suggestion of prototype is in place. Pentina half frame for
Volkspolizei perhaps?

It seems that it can be used for full frame.
I don't know until I buy it, but the price is USD600.
If it's a fake, it's incredibly expensive.
I requested a slightly higher definition photo. But there were no more pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dejan wrote:
It's hard not to be curious about what they can do, if they cover a decently sized film/sensor. I guess that 38mm could show more "character", who knows, I've never seen these.

I saw a Meyer prototype lens somewhere before. But I forgot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it's fake, but it's hard to get excited at that price
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo,

I think You have found very nice and rare lenses. I'm not 100% sure, but these lenses seem to be the Meyer prototypes for me. I can't identify the mount as well. But the names and serial numbers correspond to the prototype SN range of the Meyer. Take a look here and scroll down until section "3. Prototypen und Vorserienmodelle":

https://www.dresdner-kameras.de/objektive/musterobjektive_besonderheiten/musterobjektive_besonderheiten.html

Several Meyer prototypes are shown there with the serials in the range 3393XXX...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe altix mount?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the favorite qutoes I recall from this forum is that the Domiplan was the worst thing to ever fall out of a dogs arse. A 35mm version of it presumed triplet would be brurtal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a plastic domiplan. It was a fake zebra look. Chrome on plastic. It was truly horrible. Soft at every aperture. I took it apart, ' just because', the "helical" was a plastic tube with a groove that a stud slid inside. After dismantling it got tossed. A sad end to a a fine optical company with a long list of fine lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prototype most likely, as it say "Inv.Nr 93808" on it (1st pic), "Inventarnummer" meaning it was an internally registered and used lens, possibly a "quality standard" for a seqence of lenses to come (which never made it I guess). Nice one, but at 600 quite a risk...

BUT the serial# of that lens is 93047 (2nd pic) - which quite differs the "Inventarnummer", and it should not - so it may be a FRANKEN-LENS, rear different than front - BE CAREFUL!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I doubt it's fake, but it's hard to get excited at that price
Laugh 1

Seeing this too high price, I thought it was impossible.
It looks like the real thing once.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I had a plastic domiplan. It was a fake zebra look. Chrome on plastic. It was truly horrible. Soft at every aperture. I took it apart, ' just because', the "helical" was a plastic tube with a groove that a stud slid inside. After dismantling it got tossed. A sad end to a a fine optical company with a long list of fine lenses.

The cellar seems to be in Beijing, very far from me.
I don't think I have time to go on a business trip.
Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Prototype most likely, as it say "Inv.Nr 93808" on it (1st pic), "Inventarnummer" meaning it was an internally registered and used lens, possibly a "quality standard" for a seqence of lenses to come (which never made it I guess). Nice one, but at 600 quite a risk...

BUT the serial# of that lens is 93047 (2nd pic) - which quite differs the "Inventarnummer", and it should not - so it may be a FRANKEN-LENS, rear different than front - BE CAREFUL!!

It's very interesting to see how many were manufactured and how many are on the market.
Prototype is an exciting word for me.

This price is too high for me. I think I can buy it for up to $ 300.
Tuzki with lens