Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hexanon AR 50mm F1.7 - accidentally came apart, what now?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Hexanon AR 50mm F1.7 - accidentally came apart, what now? Reply with quote

Hello there

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently got myself a Konica Hexanon AR 50mm F1.7 lens along with a T3 Autoreflex, unfortunately after I received the lens, I realised that the focus ring was a bit loose when trying to focus, so i tightened my grip, and it seemed to make the lens focus. However after doing that for a while, the lens came apart and split into three pieces.

The first thing I did after these came apart, was to tighten the three flathead screws on the focus ring (seen on image #4), since these seemed to have something to do with it being loose in the first place.

Then after some trial and error I managed to align the pin seen on the left part of the image with the whole in the lens part, while the focus ring was also attached, such that the focus ring would move the lens part back and forth without rotating it along, as was what happened when it came apart in the first place. However the distance seemed to be off, and it didn't quite work right, and after some research I think I misaligned something while trying the reassembly. (Sorry my terminology is weak, I'm not a native English speaker)

I got the focus to stop at infinity at one point, but the focus seemed off when looking through my T3, and when going towards a shorter focus it does not stop at the lowest setting, it keeps going untill the lens snaps apart again.

I hope someone has some general tips for reassembling an old lens like this, that has accidently come apart.

I was also wondering if it might be worth reapplying some fresh grease for the threads since the lens is already taken apart.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Andreas

Last edited by anvo on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you post for the first time the ability to include images is disabled. Please post again and your photos will show. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
When you post for the first time the ability to include images is disabled. Please post again and your photos will show. Smile

Thanks. I'll just repost my original post in this reply then, since reuploading photos while editing the original post did not seem to work.

Edit:
Removed original post from this reply, since the images seemed to appear on the original post after a couple of tries.