Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Era-4T 85mm/1.5 in m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Era-4T 85mm/1.5 in m42 Reply with quote

I'm selling my Era-4T 85mm/1.5.
This lens was designed for KT-87 soviet TV camera.
It has an M42 ring, so you can mount it on a M42-M42 helicoidale adapter and use it on mirrorless (only!).

It covers 24x36 without any problem.

Optic : Perfect condition, I can't see any scratch (or other obvious flaws).
Mechanics : The body is a bit weird, maybe it was disassembled and not perfectly re-assembled as a new diaph indicator have been added on a paper. The hood is stuck in place (whereas it should be able to be pulled down). None of this really interfer in the handling. Diaphragm "ring" in almost the entire body, so at first it can be disturbing to use. It is not stiff. It's a ball bearing diaph ring, so no grease to dry.

Here is a video of the lens : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNSY6CoVhq4
And some photos :

Opticaly, it gives interesting results. Here are some samples taken with my Sony A7. All of these photos were basicaly post-treated (as I did not plan to sell the lens when I did them).
It's not a razor sharp lens (still, it's not a bad lens), but it's a rare lens. I think I have seen on the internet only 5 of them.
You can see one on eBay right now : https://www.ebay.com/itm/223562516821
Mine at least preserved the original shape.

I'm selling it to finance another purchase.

850 euros + shipping

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful lens delivering great results!
Good luck!!